Will eRecovery repartition my drive back to a single C Drive?

Options
BGreene51
BGreene51 Member Posts: 2 New User

After getting my PC, I re-partitioned the C Drive into a C & D drive.  I intend to use eRecovery and completely clean up my PC and start from scratch, but I want to save my data on my D drive.  Will the eRecovery process retain the partitioning or will it set the drive back to a single C drive?

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

What computer model?  What OS came pre-installed on your computer?  Are you still using the OS that came pre-installed on your computer? Have you made a USB recovery drive?  Do you have your data backed up (your D drive backed up)?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • BGreene51
    BGreene51 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

It is an Acer Aspire M3970.  It is still running the Win7 Home Premium that came installed on the PC. I have made eRecovery discs, but not an eRecovery USB drive.  My D drive is backed up, but they are not necessarilly full backups.  But, I have an external HDD that I could perform such a backup, and would do even if the eRecovery does not re-partition my internal HDD. 

My main concern is not knowing what to expect.  Does an eRecovery USB behave differently?  If using the discs or initiating from the Recovery partition, do they behave differently?

My goal is to completely clean my C Drive of everthing and re-install the OS.  Then, re-install the applications I wish to move forward with so I don't have all the garbage left from years of installling/uninstalling and viruses that have been removed over the years.

I've done full re-installs of a Win OS in the past, but only with XP and never from a recovery option from the PC vendor.  Thanks.

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options
    I'm not sure if windows 7 on acer recovery lets you choose whether or not you want to re-partition. And I don't know the default behavior.

Maybe someone else knows.
    I'm not an Acer employee.