Why can't I find wireless driver on Aspire z1620?

Options
Quiet
Quiet Member Posts: 5 New User

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Installed windows version?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Quiet
    Options

Sorry! I had to work all weekend and was not able to get back. Yes windows is installed. In fact I did a complete factory restore to see if that would help. No luck there. I am in the process of doing all the updates and will be upgrading over time.

• Quiet
    Options

Sorry for not explaining the situation with first post. I was conected on my wireless last Thursday and suddenly lost connection. When I tried to reconnect it said there were no connections available. When I went looking for the driver I could not find one. I should have had either an ACER or Ralink driver according to specs.

• IronFly
    Options

Have you checked on device manager if Wifi adapter is listed under Network adapters?

• Quiet
    Options

Yes! I went through every avenue to look for the adapter. As I said I also did a factory restore back to OEM.

• IronFly
    Options

if it's still unavalaible, probably can be an hardware issue.

• Quiet
    Options

I would agree and am considering just going with USB connection. I have tried downloading the recommended drivers listed with the specs but no success. Can't run the ralink and the Acer will not show Me the installer so I can try to install it