Want to connect two monitors to an AXC-603-ur10 desktop, what do I need to do?

Options
asmith
asmith Member Posts: 3 New User

I have two Dell monitors that have DVI inputs, currently I have one connected to my HDMI port and still have the VGA port free (as well as the USB 3.0). How do I connect a second monitor to work off of? Is there anything that I will need to purchase? I tried picking up a DVI Female to HD15 VGA male adapter that I ran a cord to from the monitor, but the second monitor didn't display anything. I tried windows+p and couldn't get anything on the second monitor. When I changed the HDMI cable from one monitor to the other the monitor worked, but still one at a time. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Best Answer

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry your having problems with your Displays.....

I have a AXC 603 that I run Multi monitors on..... However for your problem I think the issue is your Dsub to DVI connection. 

I assume you are trying to connect a Analog to a Digital input. If this is the case you would need a special adaptor that can cost 60 to 150 depending where you buy...... in this case it is best to just get a different display. Or sadly buy a different Computer. 

Then the question is why would they sale XYZ adaptor that you have? In short to go from a DVI-A or DVI-i system to VGA sadly without the special conversion the display can't see the Analog out

I have my sytem with old Dsub/VGA to VGA and the second port using the HDMI going to HDMI.... This has worked with out issue on all my system that I have connected this way. I do have a few.... Also have a couple that are on a Tripple Display but not the question here.....  

Hope this helps some

James

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry your having problems with your Displays.....

I have a AXC 603 that I run Multi monitors on..... However for your problem I think the issue is your Dsub to DVI connection. 

I assume you are trying to connect a Analog to a Digital input. If this is the case you would need a special adaptor that can cost 60 to 150 depending where you buy...... in this case it is best to just get a different display. Or sadly buy a different Computer. 

Then the question is why would they sale XYZ adaptor that you have? In short to go from a DVI-A or DVI-i system to VGA sadly without the special conversion the display can't see the Analog out

I have my sytem with old Dsub/VGA to VGA and the second port using the HDMI going to HDMI.... This has worked with out issue on all my system that I have connected this way. I do have a few.... Also have a couple that are on a Tripple Display but not the question here.....  

Hope this helps some

James

• asmith
    Options

Thank you for your reply, would something like this help? http://frys.com/product/5218667?site=srSmiley FrustratedEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

PPA 10' DVI-Male to 15-pin VGA-Female Cable

I am not very technical with computer hardware.

Thanks again.

• RevoMaxx
    Options

That is a Cable that could work if you were using a DVI-A Graphics card. I think your problem is your Monitor is Digital so a cable like that won't help. That is why you are able to make your connection from your HDMI because it is also a Digital. The only thing when you make that connection your taking away the Audio that is able to be heard in a HDMI monitor if it has speakers that is. Like your TV with HDMI inputs.... 

Remember with your Monitors they were made for Digital..... Sending a Analog signal, It would have to have some thing up convert it...

James

• asmith
    Options

Thank you for the info, I lloked at the back of my monitor and it also has a female VGA port, can I purchase a VGA to VGA cable and have it work or am I still running into the digital-analog issue?

• RevoMaxx
    Options

Yes you can buy just the VGA cable and if you have a Wal-Mart they have them or mine does anyway lol.... IF you don't have a computer store around your area or don't want to buy off line and have to wait for it to show up.

That would mean the monitor can run both analog and digital but would be in the ports provided. 

James

• RevoMaxx
    Options

not sure I could edit my last post to add a picture so I will just add it here....... Anyway this is a Screen shot and when one is done while using multi Displays it sets them as 1 and 2 side by side in the screen shot...

Here is some info from one of the XC-603's....  The displays could be better but this is in my Bedroom set up for this. Others systems are in my Home office but this will show 2 displays on a 603. IT has a HDMI and the VGA. Seeing you can not see in info I cut that out so you can get better view of system stats....

Screenshot (74).png

Screenshot (74)1.png