WIN7 eRecovery media impossible to get for my Acer Aspire any more?

Options
dal362
dal362 Member Posts: 2 New User

My  Acer Aspire AX3400 got "infected" - someone in Gt. Britain managed to get hold of credit card details through it and did an illicit internet purchase.  I took the desktop to a computer guy who wiped the whole HD clean. Howeever, he had supposed I had a recovery DVD, which I  unfortunately only too late discovered that I did not have. So, I wanted to order the eRecovery Media from Acer. However, when filling in the S/N or SNID, on the eRecovery order menu,  Acer says "no such number found". Yet  according to what Acer says, eRecovery Media is available for all systems from WIN7 on. I live in Scandinavia and the desktop was boutht here.  Does Acer stop selling eRecovery Media if their desktops are "out of date, although they operate on WIN7 64-bit? Can something be done, or must I throw the desktop away? 

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

"In case you did not create your recovery media or have no recovery media available, please contact our Customer Service (for Norway, Sweden, Denmark, or Finland) for information on how to obtain a set of Recovery Discs."

May be you'll find the right contact here.

France

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

"In case you did not create your recovery media or have no recovery media available, please contact our Customer Service (for Norway, Sweden, Denmark, or Finland) for information on how to obtain a set of Recovery Discs."

May be you'll find the right contact here.

France
  • dal362
    dal362 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

laurent-14, thanks a lot, it was as I suspected, since my Acer Aspire was made for the North European market, the SNID did not work on the Acer eRecovery Media menu. I could now contact local Acer service dept. (it took quite a lot of time to do that with hefty phone fees, but it was worth it) and I could order the recovery DVD , the cost of doing was was resonable. Case solved, kudos!