V3-571 unable to use BYOC suddenly

Options
Johnelle
Johnelle Member Posts: 4 New User

My Acer portal and BYOC are no longer loading. They were working up to a week ago.I am running windows 10,  I have followed on screen instructions to uninstall and reinstall  and although apps are loading, I am still unable to open them. Error message keeps directing me back to Acer site to load abapps. I am puzzled any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Acer doesn't have any support for the V3-571 at this time. That means there is no Windows 10 drivers for it.

I actually don't think there are any drivers for it. They all seem to be stand alone apps. I just installed the Portal and abMedia on my Lenovo and they left nothing in Device manager and wanted a Acer ID.Try uninstalling the apps and  

right click on the install of each one and click Troubleshoot compatability.

• TeresaHsu
    TeresaHsu Member Posts: 68 Troubleshooter
    Options

Hi Johnelle, 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Acer BYOC Apps is supported on Windows 10. Please first click [Report] if there is error and then refer to steps below to try resolving the problems:

1. Go to [Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features] and uninstall [Acer Portal/abPhoto/abMedia/abFiles/abDocs] and [AOP Framework].
    2. Download and install [Acer Portal/abPhoto/abMedia/abFiles/abDocs] on Windows PC from Acer BYOC Apps website.
    3. Make sure both [Acer Portal/abPhoto/abMedia/abFiles/abDocs] and [AOP Framework] are in [Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features], then launch [Acer Portal/abPhoto/abMedia/abFiles/abDocs] shortcut on the desktop to use.

If the issue still occurs, please Send Feedback from app to us, or send e-mail to

acercloud_support@cloud.acer.com and take screenshots of the error if you can’t click [Report]. Thank you.

Acer BYOC Apps Support

• Johnelle
    Johnelle Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Hello and thanks, I have followed the procedure as outlined many times. It appears that AOP framework is not loading into : control panel, programs and features. When I open C: program files(x86) AOP framework still there within Acer files. I have started having several little problems since W 10 installed. Any help is appreciated, Thank's

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Try doing a system restore back to where BYOC was working.