Upgrading graphics card in a Acer Aspire AXC-705-UR53

Options
MCielo73
MCielo73 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello, I was just given an AXC-705-UR53 by a friend who upgraded her computer. I was wondering what graphics cards would fit in the case.

I'm interested in a MSI GeForce GTX 750Ti since it's a low-profile card, but I'm not sure it'll fit. What are decent cards that would fit in this case.

Thank you all in advance.

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

MCielo,

I don't have an xc-705, but I do have an Acer computer that uses the same mainboard.

6.7 inches is about the max length on the card.  Anything longer and it will hit the USB 3.0 cable.  I would stay at 6.7 inches or less, but there is a cable mod if you bought a longer card.  6.8 inches might possibly work.  Not sure.  Definitely anything over 6.8 inches and you'd need that cable mod (if you want to keep the front USB 3.0 working).

Most decent cards are double slot.  That's where things get tricky because there is very little clearance at the bottom of your case and it will get hot fast.  Since I don't have your computer model, I can't say for sure if it will be a real problem or not.

The safest bet would be to go with OEM Nvidia GTX 745.  It's a single slot card and will have more clearance (for better cooling). You can get that from Acer's parts dept (I think).  As to whether or not that is a "decent" card.....I'd hate to say.  Definitely not as good as GTX 750.

If you get an Nvidia card, make sure you use "Geforce Experience" to optimize the game settings.

Your power supply doesn't have a 6 pin or 8 pin power cable.  And you may need to upgrade it depending on the card.

The link below shows what other people with an xc-705 are using.  But keep in mind, just because they are using a certain card doesn't mean that they didn't have to modify their computer to get it to fit and/or cool properly.  You'll have to figure that out.  Smiley Wink

http://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Aspire-XC-705/13064

And lastly, Acer has changed the cable routing on the mainboard so you might have to move the front audio cable out of the way and relocate the wifi antennae....not completely sure.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

If the MSI card you're talking about is in link below, it will probably fit and is only single slot......but it says it needs a 400W power supply (which you don't have).  I'm not completely sure why they say it needs 400W ps when it only draws power through the PCIe slot.  So I guess using it would be at your own risk...unless you upgraded your power supply.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SOXMPJY/ref=psdc_284822_t3_B00IZH6AKE#Ask

I'm not an Acer employee.