Unable to power up Acer after Win10 Install - get 5 blinks on power button - nothing happens.

Options
tedbruner
tedbruner Member Posts: 1 New User

I installed Win 10 last week for my Acer 4830T portable. Rebooted several times and things appeared to be ok. I tried playing a CD and got an error message about sound incompatibility. Before I could upgrade the drivers, the system went into hibernate mode and now won't restore or reboot at all. I just get 5 blinks on the power button and nothing else. Yes, I tried holding down the power button up to 2 minutes. I can't boot or get to any diagnostics since the system refuses to power on. I attempted to remove the battery but the battery is integrated and inaccessbile so I can't disconnect it without removing the motherboard to unplug the batter connector. No ability to boot to USB or CD/DVD since power won't come on. Tech Support said they can't help me if I can't remove the battery (how useless is that??!!).  They apparently don't have suport scripts that relate to the actual products since that is a typical process for much older portables.  I am an expert IT guy and have owned over 20 portables and built many of my own computers.  Wonder if anyone else has encountered this issue or has any useful suggestions... thank you.

Best Answer

Answers