Trying to Install Radeon HD 5850 into Acer T180

Options
MFF
MFF Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi Everyone!  I am trying to upgrade the graphics card for my daughter so that she can play Sims 3 without problems; however, I have been working on this thing for DAYS and still haven't gotten it to work!  I am at my wit's end!  I upgraded the power supply to 600W.  I have seated and reseated the card several times.  I have reseated the RAM.  I have gone over all of the new connections to the power supply to be sure nothing was missed.  I have tried to install drivers, uninstall drivers, change bios, etc.  NOTHING WORKS!  I cannot get the system to recognize the card!  It has never gotten to finding and installing new hardware.  If I leave the monitor in the card, I get no signal.  If I plug in VGA, everything works find.  The computer is running Vista 32 bit so I know it's not the U... thing.  I am sure I have the video card in the correct PCIE 16x slot.  There's only one...it's orange.  I cannot find a newer BIOS version to flash.  I am simply out of ideas.  I'm now wondering if this card is even compatible with her motherboard.

If someone could help me, I would very, very, very much appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• MFF
    MFF Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

ANYONE?

• tkm625
    tkm625 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I'm having a very similar issue with the exact same desktop. No solution yet, but I'm not about to throw in the towel. Anybody got any ideas?