Touchscreen stopped working on Aspire ZE-605-UR38 (running on Windows 8.1)

PollockFam
PollockFam Member Posts: 14 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

HI!

So, my Touchscreen just up and stopped working on my 6mo old Acer Aspire ZE-605 (running on Windows 8.1). Since then I have talked to 4 or 5 people in Acer support. They have told me to do everything from cleaning the screen to checking, uninstalling & reinstalling the HID drivers to refreshing my computer - all of which I have done to no avail.

I think I have narrowed it down to having something to do with the driver... since my "HID-compliant touchscreen" driver is not present under the HID options. I went into my program files and tried to run a repair on my HID monitor only to get an error that the " The feature you are trying to use is on a network that is unavailable" and that it "cannot find the installation package for HIDMonitor_V1.1.5.msi".

What can I do to either find and download a new (and safe) touchscreen driver OR would i just need a HIDMonitor_V1.1.5.msi installation package??

Thanks in advance

Answers

• PollockFam

Hi IronFly,

Thank you soooo much for that! However, I downloaded it and now its saying that it is "not a valid installation package for he product". =(

Any other suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated...

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Windows logo key + X
    click on Device manager

if Yellow exclamation mark is present
    double click on it
    choose "Details" tab
    from dropdown menu, select HardwareIDs
    click on the first value and copy/paste it here

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • PollockFam

IronFly,

There was one thing with an explamation point it was: Sound, Video, Game controllers > Bluetooth Audio Device.

The Hardware ID: BTHENUM\{61118058-486c-4bb0-b4b8-ace4dcadec44}_LOCALMFG&0000

• PollockFam

Hi IronFly,

I downloaded it and tried to install it but my security said "one of the files may be harmful to my computer" Smiley Sad

• IronFly

it's an Acer package!

disable the antivirus to install it.

• PollockFam

Okay - its downloaded but beyond the security thing, what do i do to run or install it? The only option it is giving me is to open the individual files after i extracted it.

• IronFly

double click:

...Win8.1_Wifi_10.0.0.263_BT_8.0.1.305_DT_V12_07\BT_DriverOnly\drivers_Win8.1\production\Windows8.1-x64\Bluetooth-Driver\btatherosInstall.exe

or if you want to install also WiFi drivers:

Install_CD\setup.exe

• PollockFam

Hi IronFly,

The driver is downloaded & installed, the exclamation point is still there and the driver properties> driver status says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

• PollockFam

Hi Ironfly,

The driver is downladed and installed however the exclamation is still on the driver and the driver properties> Driver status still says: "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

• IronFly

press windows key logo + R

type

services.msc

check in the list if Bluetooth service is started and set as automatic start

• PollockFam

IronFly,

Ok ...it is running & i changed the properites to automatic start.

• PollockFam

Another person in microsoft community told me to run a Hardware and devices troubleshooter, this is the error report:

Issues found
    Bluetooth Audio Device has a driver problemBluetooth Audio Device has a driver problem
    There is a problem with the driver for Bluetooth Audio Device. The driver needs to be reinstalled. Not fixed Not Fixed
    Reinstall device driver Completed

Virtual Bluetooth Support (Include Audio) has a driver problemVirtual Bluetooth Support (Include Audio) has a driver problem
    There is a problem with the driver for Virtual Bluetooth Support (Include Audio). The driver needs to be reinstalled. Not fixed Not Fixed

Bluetooth LWFLT Device has a driver problemBluetooth LWFLT Device has a driver problem
    There is a problem with the driver for Bluetooth LWFLT Device. The driver needs to be reinstalled. Not fixed Not Fixed

Hardware changes might not have been detectedHardware changes might not have been detected Detected Detected
    Scan for recent hardware changes Completed

Potential issues that were checked
    Windows Update configured to never install driversWindows Update configured to never install drivers
    Driver updates aren't automatically installed when detected by Windows Update. Issue not present 

Issues found Detection details

6 Bluetooth Audio Device has a driver problem Not fixed Not Fixed

There is a problem with the driver for Bluetooth Audio Device. The driver needs to be reinstalled.
    InformationalDevice information
    Name: Bluetooth Audio Device
    ID: BTHENUM\{61118058-486C-4BB0-B4B8-ACE4DCADEC44}_LOCALMFG&0000\8&10170574&0&000000000000_00000000
    Error code: 10

There is a problem with the driver for Bluetooth Audio Device. Reinstalling the driver might fix this problem.

6 Virtual Bluetooth Support (Include Audio) has a driver problem Not fixed Not Fixed

There is a problem with the driver for Virtual Bluetooth Support (Include Audio). The driver needs to be reinstalled.
    Name: Virtual Bluetooth Support (Include Audio)
    ID: BTHENUM\{CBECAB40-A2C8-4AB3-ADC1-DE0FE95D8600}_LOCALMFG&0000\8&10170574&0&000000000000_00000000
    Error code: 31

There is a problem with the driver for Virtual Bluetooth Support (Include Audio). Reinstalling the driver might fix this problem.

6 Bluetooth LWFLT Device has a driver problem Not fixed Not Fixed

There is a problem with the driver for Bluetooth LWFLT Device. The driver needs to be reinstalled.
    Name: Bluetooth LWFLT Device
    ID: BTHENUM\{DD533152-01F4-435C-ABFE-984BC21A2A65}_LOCALMFG&0000\8&10170574&0&000000000000_00000000
    Error code: 31

There is a problem with the driver for Bluetooth LWFLT Device. Reinstalling the driver might fix this problem.

6 Hardware changes might not have been detected Detected Detected 
    Scan for recent hardware changes Completed 
    Scanning might find new devices attached to your computer and install them.

• IronFly

Try to re-install the driver, this time clicking on:

Install_CD\setup.exe

• PollockFam

Okay! Drivers are installed and the exclamation point is gone from the Device Manager! Smiley Happy

Still no touch screen though Smiley Sad

• PollockFam

• PollockFam

Iron Fly, The file runs something called a "CtrlPanel Setup maintainence program" Is this right?

• IronFly

it looks like the driver or utility for touchscreen panel.