Touchscreen not working on brand new Aspire

gmgbfisher
gmgbfisher Member Posts: 2 New User

I just purchased a fresh out of the box Aspire V3-112P-C2P6.  The system is running Windows 8.  I cannot get the touchscreen to work and the little icon of the keyboard in the system tray keeps flashing.  In device drivers I don't even see a driver for the touchscreen nor are there any drivers on the Acer support website that specifically say they are for a touchscreen.  I've tried a few suggestions that I found on this forum such as running bcdedit and turing off the driver signing requirement but to no avail.  I've done the restore factory defaults and even tried to upgrade to Windows 10 but to no avail. Please help as for some reason when the keyboard icon flashes it sometimes causes the entire screen to flash.  BTW I thought it might be video drivers because of the flashing screen and have also updated those from Acer support site.

Answers

• gmgbfisher
    gmgbfisher Member Posts: 2 New User

As an addendum I noticed that within Device Manager the screen keeps flashing like it is continually trying to load a driver.  Also I did finally find the touchscreen device but it was under hidden devices in device manager and grayed out.