The loss of Wifi connection

Options
Philip23
Philip23 Member Posts: 1 New User

My son has an Acer Aspire V7-581P Ultrabook, and he keeps losing his Wifi Connection. The cell phones & 2 other computers seem to be good and never lose connection. Can someone please suggest a resolution. Could it be the Wifi card. Or is that a waste of money?? Much Appreciated.

Thank you

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    Options

Sorry to hear about the Issues your son is having... 

Only 2 times I know of that I or my family has had issues with WiFi and it can drive you nuts. One if the Power gets low it seems to drop all power to the Wifi to make it so you can shut down without loosing all data. Two, Because the Laptop gets to hot. In most cases this is the issue with my Wife and Sons Laptops because they don't leave them planted on a Table or hard smooth surface and they don't get enough air and first thing that goes off seems to be the Wifi. Once it cools off a few minutes it is up and working again. 

I don't work for Acer or any other Hardware company and I can only give you information about our computers. I don't know if your issue is the same cause or not and only offer this as something to look at as a reason .. 

I know that now my wife has a Laptop cooler that plugs into her USB she has not had any more issues with her Wifi going off. And my Son we have bought him a Desktop computer so he don't have them issues anymore. Less Stress lol. 

James