TC-705 Power button light

yesbobber
yesbobber Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter

Recently purchased the Aspire TC-705 desktop. Everything is fine. But I do have question on the power button light behavior that puzzles me. On occasion the power button will continously blink white while the system presumably goes into sleep mode but sometimes it will not blink but instead exhibits the stead white light. So the question is: Why does this desktop power button light blink and sometimes not while in sleep mode?"

Running 8.1 windows

set to turn off display after 10 minutes

set to turn off disk after 20 minutes

set to enter sleep mode after 30 minutes

Best Answer

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

If the power light isn't blinking, then it's not in sleep mode.  Your monitor might be in sleep mode, but your computer isn't.

There's several things that can prevent your computer from sleeping at the designated time (with inactivity).  One of the most common culprits is Windows Media Player (multimedia).  You can check your advanced power settings to change "prevent idling to sleep".

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

If the power light isn't blinking, then it's not in sleep mode.  Your monitor might be in sleep mode, but your computer isn't.

There's several things that can prevent your computer from sleeping at the designated time (with inactivity).  One of the most common culprits is Windows Media Player (multimedia).  You can check your advanced power settings to change "prevent idling to sleep".

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • yesbobber
    yesbobber Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter

Thanks, JordanB.... your suggestion sloved my problem.