Sound crackling

jaha
jaha Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi,

A few days ago the sound on my Acer Aspire V3 - 772G, about 1 year old, started crackling and getting distorted. It doesn't matter if I'm using the laptop's speakers or my headphones, it's the same crackling noise. The noise doesn't start right away and isn't constant. This is however very annoying and frustrating. I did reinstall the audio driver but it made no difference.  I'm using Windows 8 if that matters. I'm really no good with technical stuff, please, I'd really really love to get some help here.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Try to update chipset drivers too if any update is available.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

In this case, it is recommended to check if your sound device is connected properly to your computer. Many computers have three or more jacks that connect to a sound card or sound processor, including a microphone jack, line-in jack, and line-out jack. Make sure that your sound device is connected to the line-out jack. If you are not able to make out which jack is the line-out jack, you can try connecting your sound device to each of the jacks one-by-one and check which one of them gives sound output.

If the issue still persists, you can refer to the section "Sound from my speakers is crackling or distorted" on the following link:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/tips-fixing-common-sound-problems#tips-fixing-common-sound-problems=windows-7

Hope this will help you.