Running sfc /scannow

teeoter
teeoter Member Posts: 5 New User

I have run this utility and have some corrupted files. I never received a Windows 7 install disc from Acer. Where can I get the access to windows 7 to fix my corrupted files?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if the corrupted files are not in the recovery partition, you can still make the Acer recovery disk; just look on your system for an application named Acer recovery.

you can also try pressing ALT+F10 at boot and choose repair this PC if the option is available.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • teeoter

Hi Iron, I was able to make the Acer Recovery discs.  It's my understanding using these discs will delete files. Was hoping to use the Windows 7 Install disc to fix errors shown during the sfc /scannow utility. Was able to download the cbs.log to desktop, but overwhelmed by the size. Trying to form a plan of attack........

• IronFly

if you are able to find a vanilla windows 7 installation media, will be the best option to repair but it depends also on windows 7 version and installed SP.

the Acer erecovery disks are just to re-install everything from factory.

• teeoter

Thanks for the input Iron, I really appreciate it.  I have Windows 7 64-bit SP1   

• teeoter

Hey Iron, I found 16 files corrupted.  Every file had a "hash mismatch" in the Windows Unified Telemetry Client Ver: 6.1.7601.18869  file.  I have no idea what it means, but am on the trail.......Thanks again for your input.

• teeoter

I found out that the file "Windows Unified Telemetry Client Vers 6.1" is not a problem after all.  Microsoft is aware of it conflicting with IE11 and will fix it shortly.  SFC still recognizes it as a "hash Mismatch", but it is nothing of great concern.   Thanks all.

• IronFly

You welcome. Smiley Happy