Resetting Windows to factory settings on Acer Aspire 5336

Options
creativeblob
creativeblob Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi. I have an Acer Aspire 5336 running Windows 7. I am planning on selling it, so I want to reset Windows to factory settings. I looked over the internet and on YouTube, but every single thing I find doesn't work on my laptop. I've tried those things like pressing different F (mostly F10) numbers in combination with alt or alt and ctrl simultaneously, when turning on the computer. After every single try Windows just started up normally. From what I gather I need a eRecovery screen to show up. I never get this screen, no matter what method I use. What do I do? Thanks in advance. 

Also, I saw some videos about how you're supposed to have three partitions, and I seem to be missing one. I have the (C: ) one, the 'System Reserved' one, and I'm missing the third. Maybe this has something to do with the eRecovery screen not showing up?

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,086 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

Have you checked if the D2D option is enabled in the bios setup utility?

D2D=Disk to disk

Note:

Happy New Year 2016!

France
  • creativeblob
    Options

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have checked and the D2D is enabled. 

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

I have the (C: ) one, the 'System Reserved' one, and I'm missing the third

Do you see that with the Diskpart command?

France
  • creativeblob
    Options

I right clicked Computer and clicked on Manage, then Storage and Disk Management. In the video I was following, there were three boxes. In the right box there is the (C: ) disk, in the middle box is the Hidden partition, and on the left the Recovery partition. On my computer I don't have the Recovery partition. 

However now I have encountered yet another problem. I was trying to uninstall some unnecessary programs in the meantime to clear up some space, but all of a sudden some other programs started installing themselves and I tried to keep closing things and cancelling installations of things that were suddenly popping up. I wasn't able to finish uninstalling the current program because my laptop suddenly restarted. When it turned back on, the whole screen was black. I restarted it again, and the screen is still black. After a minute a bar shows up at the top, with a search bar and a couple apps on the side. After a while a browser pops up. After that, some sort of cleaner programs pops up and starts scanning. While all this is hapenning the rest of the screen is still black. When the cleaner stops scanning it says I need to buy the whole version to continue using it. I can close the cleaner and the browser but that's all I can do. I have restarted the computer several times now (hard reset) and nothing changes. I now completely don't know what to do. 

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

Now the only solution is to buy the recovery media from your Customer service:

Send mail: Customer Care

Call UK support: 0871-760-1000

Recovery Media

France