Replace Failing 320 GB HD in Acer Laptop 7740

Options
oscar1
oscar1 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter

The 320 gb hard drive in my Acer laptop is failing and I would like to replace it with a 1 tb hybrid drive. Which of the CDs that I made from my laptop when it was new do I use to reinstall Windows 7. I have made the follwing back up CDs, 1 Factory Default disc, 1 Driver and Application recovery disc, 3 recovery disc, 1 repair disc. Can I reinstall Windows 7 using the factory default disc. My laptop is an Aspire 7740-5691, Windows 7, quad core i3 intel, 4GB ram. I will be gald to furnish any additional informaion. Any help you all could provide would be greatly apprecaited. Thank you, Oscar1

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

The Recovery CDs and the System CD will help you to restore the hard drive with the original software content that was installed when you purchased your notebook.

It will install the Operating System, all the pre-installed Software and the drivers of your system.

Power on your computer. When the first logo screen shows, press repeatedly the F12 key to enter the Boot menu. Use the arrow keys to select your optical drive.

Insert the disc labelled System CD in the optical drive and press ENTER. The system will load from the Acer Recovery Media.

After the system recovery program has loaded follow the prompts to reinstall the operating system.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

The Recovery CDs and the System CD will help you to restore the hard drive with the original software content that was installed when you purchased your notebook.

It will install the Operating System, all the pre-installed Software and the drivers of your system.

Power on your computer. When the first logo screen shows, press repeatedly the F12 key to enter the Boot menu. Use the arrow keys to select your optical drive.

Insert the disc labelled System CD in the optical drive and press ENTER. The system will load from the Acer Recovery Media.

After the system recovery program has loaded follow the prompts to reinstall the operating system.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.