Reinstalling windows on SSD with acer erecovery management

Options
Tigerx95
Tigerx95 Member Posts: 16 New User
Hello all,

I'm about to reinstall windows 7 on my Acer PC. I'm just wondering if I will run into any issues, because when I first got my SSD and tried to install windows on it, I had a **bleep**load of problems, errors,... It took me days to fix it: I had to disconnect my HDD, convert and format my SSD to MBR instead of GPT, use a flash drive,...
I'm wondering if I will run to the same issues again. Acer erecovery management is installed on my SSD (since that's where windows is installed), so I don't think I will have to use a flash drive or anything else, am I right? Does anyone here have any experience with that?

Thanks in advance

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

you just need to boot pressing ALT+F10, this will start Acer erecovery process....so (touching wood) normally you will no encounter any issue.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Tigerx95
    Tigerx95 Member Posts: 16 New User
    Options
    Alright, let's hope so. I did however get this error: 'hard drive configuration is not set to factory default'.
    Will using alt f10 resolve that issue? Since I'm at holiday now, I can't test it yet since my PC is at home.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

probably ALT+F10 can override this issue, it depends if you have modified the original partitions.

I'm not an Acer employee.