Reinstall Windows 7, Failure at Disk #2

Options
robertchecketts
robertchecketts Member Posts: 2 New User

I decided to upgrade a couple of things on my Acer Aspire 5745 before the Windows 10 release at the end of July.  I upgraded my ram about 3 weeks ago from 4gb to 8gb without any issues.  I also purchased a new SSD but haven't got around to putting it in until last night.  

I need to do a clean install of Windows 7 on my new SSD.  I burned the three Acer eRecovery "Create Factory Default Disks" to DVDs and the "Create Drivers and Applications" disk without any errors.  I then shut down my computer, installed my SSD, turned on the computer, entered my BIOS, switched the boot order to look at the DVD drive first, save settings, and then restarted.  I put in disk 1 and started the installation process.  It finished and I put in disk 2.  After about a minute it said that disk 2 was not in, so I pulled it out and put it in again.  To no avail it did not work after several attempts.  It just kept telling me to insert disk 2.  I then restarted the entire process.  This time I was able to get disk 1 and disk 2 installed, but it wouldn't recognize disk 3.  

Does anyone know what might be going on or how I could remedy the situation?

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

bad media support or DVD reader with some dirt on the lens or bad ram stick.

try to install with just the original 4GB ram stick.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

bad media support or DVD reader with some dirt on the lens or bad ram stick.

try to install with just the original 4GB ram stick.

• robertchecketts
    robertchecketts Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I'm not sure what the culprit was, but I reinstalled my 4GB sticks and made sure each DVD was really clean.  The install went great after that.  Thanks for the help!

• IronFly
    Options

You welcome. Smiley Happy