RAM Upgrade for Aspire TC-710

Options
Vanessa22
Vanessa22 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello All,

I purchased this Aspire TC-710 for my wife. It came with 8GB RAM and I was hoping to up it to 16GB. I've since purchased two different sticks and neither of them will work with this system, either with the existing 8GB or on their own. The board just gives one long, sustained beep and fails to post. I've flashed the BIOS with the most current available flash; didn't help. 

The specs say this board uses DDR3 and it came with a stick running at 1600mhz. Specifically, the 8GB that came with it is SK Hynix 2Rx8 PC3L 12800U (part # HMT41GU6BFR8A). I attempted to add a Crucial 8GB DDR3 1600mhz stick (part # CT10246BA160B.C16FPD). I realize RAM sticks sometimes don't get along with each other but I don't understand why the Crucial stick won't work all by itself. The specs should be right. It could be a dead stick, but this is the second one I've tried so I doubt that. Am I missing something? 

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,094 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

Your desktop only supports DDR3L - 1600MHz. Only DDR3L (1.35V) and not DDR3 (1.5V). There is a typo in the specifications.

France
  • Vanessa22
    Vanessa22 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you! The voltage must be the issue.