PC can't find second monitor

Options
MikaL
MikaL Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Hi.

Today, my family was about to hide away a old monitor for an old computer which can't be used anymore. But I thought "I can use that monitor for my computer!". So I took it, and connected the monitor to my Aspire TC-115, BUT the computer can't find it? It isn't in the controlpanel, under 'Displays', there's only my 1st and main monitor. I have connected the monitor with a VGA cable, and connected the power cable, but it says "No signal input" when I turn on the screen.

My computer: Acer Aspire TC-115

Main monitor: Fujitsu L19T-1 LED

2nd monitor: TCO 99

My Fujitsu L19T-1 LED monitor is connected to my computer with a DVI cable, and the TCO 99 monitor is connected to my pc with a VGA cable - which is was connected with, to the old computer, we don't use anymore. So does anyone know how to fix this?

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

Have you added a video card to you TC-115, or do you know if it came with a dedicated video card from the factory? If you do not know, please provide the first 10 digits of your serial number.

If you just connect the TCO 99 monitor to the VGA port, and disconnect the monitor connected to the DVI port, do you see a signal from the monitor? If you are not able to see a signal on the monitor when it is connected by itself, my suspicion is that a video card is installed, which disables the onboard VGA port.

• MikaL

Tinkerer

Options

The serialnumber is DTSVLEQ008

I tried to take out the cable for my main monitor, and connect the second monitors VGA. But it still says "No signal input". Only my Fujitsu screen (my main monitor) works.

• Blayn-Acer
    Options
    Sorry, but since this product is not sold in my region, I have limited information about it. From what I can tell, it shipped with a Radeon R5 graphics card, which would have disabled the onboard VGA port. I suspect if you look at the back of the computer, the port for the monitor that works is not very close to the VGA port that is not working. Anytime a graphics card is installed on our desktops, the onboard ports (usually VGA) are disabled to avoid conflict. For a multimonitor setup, you would need to use both of the inputs on the Radeon R5 Graphics card.
  • MikaL

Tinkerer

Options

That sounds like what it looks like on the back of my computer.

How do I then 'turn on' the second input, on the graphic card?

• Blayn-Acer
    Options
    Both inputs on the actual Radeon R5 card should be "enabled. It is only the onboard ports which are disabled when the card is installed. What inputs do you have on the R5 card? Is it DVI and HDMI? You may need to use an adapter to connect the VGA monitor to the other output on the Radeon video card.