On restart the monitor isn't receiving a signal and it stops booting.

Options
jcbox3d
jcbox3d Member Posts: 5 New User

When I restart the system I get a signal on the monitor that it isn't receiving a signal and the computer stops booting and I have to hit the off button to get it going again. I have the Acer Aspire XC-703G.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Try unplugging the power, hold the power button down for 30 seconds, plug in and power on. 

Put it to sleep and wake it up.

• jcbox3d
    Options

It didn't help and now the computer has stopped working at all. I press the power button and the lights come on and then it just turns off. I think this Acer stuff is turning out to be junk.

• philetus
    Options

I would try another cable to the monitor.

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options

Sorry your having problems with your Acer, 

Just looking for some extra information about what your problem could be?

Your system could be one of many so I am going to take a stab at one that I have access to, It is a Acer Aspire Xc703G with a J1900 intel Cpu and 4 gig of Ram with a 500 gig HDD. and a Super DVD drive.... Came with Windows 8.1 that I have updated with the Free upgrade to Windows 10.

Now What I understand is that you are restarting your computer and your Monitor says it isn't getting a Signal and the computer stops booting?

So can I assume that you can do a Clean start of the computer and it boots fine?

Are you running Windows 10 or still using the software that came with your computer?

Have you done any upgrade to your computer? Like new RAM or have anything new connected to your computer that it didn't come out of the Box with?

I have a lot of Acer products and I don't feel there is one that I could say is *****. I have a few of Off Brand computers in my Network of computers that I have felt that way about. And some that I feel are better in the way of being able to make upgrades more then I can with my Acer Computers. However when I buy a new computer I myself always look over what it offers and if I can make any upgrades if needed. If it will support everything that I want to do then there is no need to look any further. Lets just say I don't have any of my Aspire 600, 603, 605 or 703s set up to be a File Server. But I do use them for more then enough reasons. Out of all the Computers that I have bought being OEM (Not Build your own) Acer is where I turn these last few years. 

The only issue I have had with any of my Acer Products is on one of my older Acer One Laptops after the upgrade to Windows 10 did something myself that made it after a reboot unable to load windows. I am not sure what the problem was, But sadly the only way I could fix my issue was with a Factory restore of the software back to Windows 7 and then went back though all the UPDATES and installed Windows 10 back on it. The only down fall to this was the Upgrade to Windows 10 Home was 32bit and I didn't have a Win10 32bit Disc or I would have just did a Clean install back to Windows 10. (I still need to buy some more DVD's or a few Flash Drives) I keep investing in MORE Acer computers and forget to buy the little things lol. 

James

• jcbox3d
    Options

I put a different cable to the monitor that is much heavier duty that the one that comes with it. I am unable to get the computer to boot. I have a personal Windows 8 Pro that I bought from Microsoft and tried to boot using it but the computer doesn't get that far in the boot sequence to use the disk.

• philetus
    Options

When it gets as far as it will go in the boot, does it give any message or stay running with a blank/ black screen or reboot or shutdown.

• jcbox3d
    Options

It just stay running with a blank screen.

• philetus
    Options

I would open the case and reseat the memory and the graphics card (if it's a separate card). If 2 sticks of memory, take one out and try booting then the other one. The memory will click on each side when it is seated correctly.

Are you getting any beeps when it starts to boot?

• jcbox3d
    Options

I finally got it working by taking all the connections off and then when I put them back on and powered it up, I got a message that a file was missing. I shut it down and changed to boot from the dvd and then changed the setting to use the last known good feature when I logged on. It came up and showed that the restore file system had stopped working and that was why it wouldn't boot. I stopped the restore process and restarted it and it is doing fine now. Thanks everyone who sent suggestions.