No audio output device installed on Aspire TC-605 with Win 8.1

Options
mgrantom
mgrantom Member Posts: 16 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives

I had to reinstall drivers on my Aspire TC-605 running Win 8.1  Everything seems to be working ok, except I get a no audio output device installed.  I have tried everything I can think of, including deleting and reinstalling all of the drivers, disabling and re-enabling the hardware in Device manager.  I am thinking that perhaps there is a secret in the sequence that the Intel Chipset drivers are installed before the Realtek audio drivers?  I have seen a zillion reports on various web sites and a few that reference restarting the Windows Audio service.  I have tried ALL of these "fixes" numerous times, but no luck!!  Any help in diagnosing and fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

• mgrantom
    Answer ✓
    Options

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2807&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Windows logo key + x
    click on Device manager

click on view tab

select "show hidden devices"

if Yellow exclamation mark is present
    double click on it
    choose "Details" tab
    from dropdown menu, select HardwareIDs
    click on the first value and copy/paste it here

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • mgrantom
    Options

Thanks in advance for your assistance the Hardware ID is:

• IronFly
    Options

Can you try to install this drivers?

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/VGA/VGA_Intel_10.18.10.3496_W81x64_A.zip?acerid=635499884712258982&Step1=DESKTOP&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20TC-605&OS=81P1&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

it's intel VGA drivers and that HardwareIDs seems related to this driver.

Can you please check on Device manager, enabling "show hidden devices" on View tab, if there are any other Yellow exclamation marks or disabled devices under "Sound,...."

• mgrantom
    Options

It will NOT install. Error message says not validated for this computer, please obtain the appropriate driver.  Setup will now exit.  BTW the device that has the exclamation mark is labeled "High Definition Audio Device" there are no other devices with exclamation marks and there is another device labeled "Realtek High Definition Audio" that is not marked.

• IronFly
    Options

Yep, i understand it.

let's try from another way.

press windows key logo + x

click on Sound

do you have any playback device listed?

if not, right click on the blank space and click on both options, has any device appeared?

• mgrantom
    Options

no sound devices listed

• mgrantom
    Options

I am afraid I told you wrong, previously.  I had been accessing my system from a remote desktop session when I answered before.  Today, when I look under device manager while sitting at the system, there are 2 devices listed:

1 High Definition Audio Device (with Exclamation mark) under properties:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
    The requested operation was unsuccessful.

2 High Definition Audio Device under properties:

This device is working properly.

Thanks for your help

• IronFly
    Options

Windows logo key + x
    click on Device manager

click on view tab

select "show hidden devices"

if Yellow exclamation mark is present
    double click on it
    choose "Details" tab
    from dropdown menu, select HardwareIDs
    click on the first value and copy/paste it here

• mgrantom
    Answer ✓
    Options

• mgrantom
    Options

Ok, I'm posting this so that maybe someone else can benefit from my 2 weeks of frustration with attempting to fix this problem.  It seems that many users with different brands of computers are experiencing the exact same problem, related to HD Audio and Windows 8.1.  I ran across another forum where someone suggested uninstalling the Intel Graphics driver.  I went into Programs and Features and uninstalled all 3 Intel related products including the Intel Management Console, Intel Graphics Driver and something else, that started with "Intel".  I then rebooted and installed the Realtek Audio Driver "Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.7023_W81x64_A" FIRST from the Acer site.  THEN I reinstalled the Intell Graphics Driver "AMT_Intel_9.5.15.1730_W81x64_A" I now have an E291-A1 Intel Display Audio device as well as my "Speakers" as a device!  In device Manager I now show 2 devices Under "Sound, video and game controllers" they are Intel Display Audio and Realtek High Definition Audio.  I then went back and re-installed the Intel Chipset driver Chipset_Intel_9.4.0.1026_W81x64.  I CANNOT EXPRESS HOW DISAPPOINTED I AM IN ACER TECH SUPPORT FOR NOT KNOWING INSTANTLY HOW TO FIX THIS ISSUE SINCE IT IS SUCH A COMMON PROBLEM WITH THIS CHIPSET!  IT LITERALLY WAS A 5 MINUTE FIX!!! Anyway, I hope this helps another frustrated user.

• IronFly
    Options

Good to hear that you found a solution, i will add it to my knowledge. Smiley Happy

• CatWalker
    CatWalker Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi, I'm wondering whether this is the same problem I am having. I recently purchased an Acer Aspire TC 605, but I can't get any sound out of it! It says it has a Realtek thing installed which is allegedly working, but I can only hear anything when I switch to plugging in headphones.

Surely I should be able to hear stuff using the inbuilt Realtek thing?

What should I do?

Cat

• mgrantom
    Options

I'm not sure.  My problem was specifically that there were no audio devices installed.  I assume you have an audio cable plugged into the rear of the computer going to some speakers?  I have an HDMI television that I use as a 3rd monitor to output my sound.  Without that I would plug my computer into my HP monitors which both have built in speakers.  Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

• RobbieNeedHelp2
    RobbieNeedHelp2 Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options

Hi....

I am haaving the same problem with my system.. I have no sound coming from the speakers, I've tried everyting I can, I've researched online. My desktop is a Acer Aspire T180, 64 bits OS, windows 7 Home premium.

when i try using the speakers theres nothing but static sound, the desktop shows that the drivers are running ok and the most recent drivers are installed, but I cannot hear anything from the speakres... any help would be great. thank you robbie

• slzwarycz
    slzwarycz Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Is this still the accepted solution all these months later? Aspire TC-605 running Win 8.1. There are NO AMT Intel graphics driver as described in the solution and the Intel products that might be uninstalled are currently: Intel Control Center, Intel Graphics Driver and Intel Management Console Center. I can't find AMT-Intel_9.5.15.1730 and my Intel HD Graphics group is 4600.

Problem, however, is the same - no sound from speakers. There are NO exclamation points on any devices in device manager.

• Semindy1
    Semindy1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have an older Acer 5733Z that i just switched out the HD to an SSD.  SO glad i did this.  
    now there is "no audio device installed" and i dL'd the Realtek driver but still no device listed in DM or anywhere.  Windows X  didn't produce anything, nothing listed and no exclamation point, no option to click view, nothing.  Help please. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Options
    @Semindy1 your computer is a different model than the others in this thread. Please start your own thread. Include your full model number, describe the problem you are having and what steps you have taken so far to fix it.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.