No Windows 10 support for Aspire M5630?

CentrumSilver
CentrumSilver Member Posts: 15 New User

Greetings Everyone, my wife has an Aspire M5630 Desktop and I have upgraded it through the years to more ram, a better vid card and Windows 8.1

The issue I am having now is that it will not install a 427mb update, kb2919355, and that is essential to upgrade her pc to Windows 10. After a session earlier today with Microsoft, one of their techs remotely looked it and came to the conclusion that this PC is outdated and no longer supported by ACER themselves and so upgrading this to Windows 10 may not possible.

Is anyone else having this issue with the M5630?

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer

It is a Nice system for the age. I think that machine was release in 07 or 08. I don't want to say that it can't do Windows 10 but there are many years of upgrades since its start date....

I don't know if you have the ability to want But I would DL the Win 10 Eval from MS, Burn it to a DVD or put on USB where ever you feel like... Then here is the part that most people don't have extra HDD laying around (I am not like others, I have a few) Take one if you have it and install in your machine, Then boot to your DVD or USB and install the 10 Eval on your machine... IF it does work you know your machine can run 10 and then you would need to maybe do a Clean install of 10 with your 8.1 key if that is still going on. Once I heard it was then I heard it wasn't so I don't know seems people change the mind all the time....

IF it don't work then your only out of some time and a Dvd. My only thing is I would do the Eval before you try and do a clean install just in case. I don't know if the 8.1 key install makes the 8.1 stop working if it didn't work. IF you know what I am getting at. 

I am running the 90 day eval on a XP machine that I have to make sure that it would work. Seeing it has OLD 2009 chipset bad Graphics. However I installed a GTX 650 and every thing work like a charm. I did isntall both 32 and 64 because I wanted to see if I could get 64 to work. IT does and feels way faster then XP ever did..

Edit::: Also you could if you have a large enough main HDD do a Daul Boot as well. I forgot to say that I did a 8.1 Eval on a Daul boot then I wanted 10 on a Fresh 500gb drive so took out the 8.1 and did the 10 32 first then did a 10 64bit for testing reasons.... End EDIT:::: Oh yeah here is a link to the 10 EVAL on MS website.... https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-10-enterprise

James

• CentrumSilver
    CentrumSilver Member Posts: 15 New User

James!!! You're a genius buddy, (sometimes it's the little things that get us right?) I totally forgot about the dual boot option! I think I will partition her existing HDD and install Win8 64bit and then try to upgrade from there. Thank you so much, i cannot believe that dual-booting slipped my mind. I've been working on pc's ever since the Times-Sinclair 1000 and Tandy TRS-80 days.