No Monitor Signal for Acer Aspire X1935 Desktop

Options
Visitor
Visitor Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I have a problem with my Acer Aspire X1935 Desktop.
System used to work fine and now I do not get a signal on my monitor (via HDMI port).

Symptoms are very similar to issues described here:
http://community.acer.com/t5/2013-Archives/No-Monitor-Signal-for-Acer-Aspire-X1935-Desktop/m-p/24699/highlight/true#M14299

The machine beeps four (4) times when switched on.

I removed hard drive and memory, reseated memory and tried swapping memory in different slots. I also replaced hard drive – same issue: no signal on my monitor.

User Tom85 (http://community.acer.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1637) mentioned the following:
4 short beeps
Error message System timer failure
Description The system clock/timer IC has failed or there is a memory error in the first bank of memory
So i guess you've got problem with your ram memory.
Open your pc case
Check your RAM Memory if they are connect properly, try to switch on again
Connect to different module slot and try turn on again.
Take out battery for about 5 min, putt again and switch on pc.
Check other connections if they are properly.

-- I followed all these steps and the issue remains.

Can anyone help please?

Answers

• sathya0403
    Options
    Hi,

Sorry that the unit does not Boot,. How many RAM Modules Installed, if more than 2 Try 1 by one so that you can isolate the RAM not working, if only one consider replacing the RAM,. the beep code you get is an indicator of a faulty RAM,. Cheers.
  • Visitor
    Visitor Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you for replying to my post.

I have two memory modules - 4GB each. There are four memory slots - two blue and two black.

Yes, i tried installing one memory module at a time - placing one memory module in different slots, then repeating this process with another module.

Same exact behavior - four beeps and no video signal.