No Boot on Aspire M3470

Options
Dood
Dood Member Posts: 8 New User

Dood here,

I have been running a M3470 for about 4 years now and last year I installed a GTX 760. For the last two months or so, the screen would go dark and go back up with the error: "Graphics Driver has Stopped Responding and has recovered." After that, the computer would crash pretty much randomly, and now...When the power button is pressed, the light turns on and so do the fans, but no data is sent to the monitor and there is no beep signalising a bootup. I was wondering if there was anything to do to prolong its life for maybe another year, or if it is finally time to abandon ship.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

try this:

unplug ac power cable

open the left side of PC case (front looking)

disconnect HDD/DVD and unplug ram modules

take off the silver round battery, near the SATA port

press power button twice

wait 5 minutes

put back the silver rounded battery

plug your AC power cable

try to boot to BIOS pressing Del key

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Options

I would check if the PSU is sending the correct voltages to your GPU, check the power cables and re-seat the GPU.

• Dood
    Options

Can't do that now...there is no boot, no BIOS or nothing

• IronFly
    Options
    I told you to check cables to the VGA/GPU, not to boot.
  • Dood
    Options

Nope...All looks good there. Even if I try to use the integrated AMD graphics from my CPU (AMD 3800), nothing changes and there still is no sign of a boot.

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

try this:

unplug ac power cable

open the left side of PC case (front looking)

disconnect HDD/DVD and unplug ram modules

take off the silver round battery, near the SATA port

press power button twice

wait 5 minutes

put back the silver rounded battery

plug your AC power cable

try to boot to BIOS pressing Del key

• Dood
    Options

Almost there. After doing what you told me to, I could not boot to BiOS however instead of simply nothing happening on boot, there is a high pitched buzz that comes out of the computer. This has happened before, and I have fixed it before. However, do you know of any solutions to stop the buzz and boot to BiOS/Windows?

• Dood
    Options

Update - after plugging in the HDD, DVD, etc. back in, computer boots to a "Option ROM Utility", then windows boots, however at some point during Windows bootup there is a blue screen with the error: INNECESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE and after a few more failed boots Windows goes into "Automatic Repair" in which it gives me the option to "Restart" or go to "Advanced Options." In advanced options i have several options which include: Command Prompt, System Restore, System Image Recovery, Startup Repair, Startup Settings, and Go back to the previous build.

• Dood
    Options

Never mind - a simple Google fixed my problem. All is good, thank you very much for your help. Smiley Happy

• IronFly
    Options

you welcome.