New Acer Aspire switch 10 won't power on after updates

harmonyak
harmonyak Member Posts: 1 New User

I just got an Aspire switch 10 a few days ago. Last night it wanted to install some updates when I went to shut it down. I noticed it seemed to be hung up on the last one (81 of 81), but when I was ready to go to bed the screen was dark, so I closed it (it was attached to the removable keyboard).

Today it won't turn on. It won't respond at all. I thought maybe the battery had died if it didn't power down properly, but I had it plugged in for two hours. Nothing responds. No power indicator light (it's so new I don't know if it even has one). No heat. No sound. No response. I tried pressing the power button. Pressing and holding the power button for a minute. Pressing (and pressing and holding) power + vol up and power + vol down. I can't figure out how to remove the battery (I'm not sure the back even comes off). I can't think of anything else to try. What's going on? How can I fix this? Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

you already tried all the tricks, so the last thing to do is to call Acer support service.

I'm not an Acer employee.