My PC doesn't detect new Graphics Card. And my Monitor has no Signal

Options
tyson12302
tyson12302 Member Posts: 17 New User

i just bought a ATi HD 4450 Video Card and i've installed it propperly in the correct PCIe 16x Slot. I closed my Case and put in my DVI to VGA converter. And plugged in my Monioter VGA to my Video Card slot. I turn on the PC and my monitor is black. It doesnt turn on. Its like it doesnt have connection between the video card. But if i put my Monitor VGA to the Intergrated VGA slot then it works perfectly. But when i do enter Windows it doesn't reconginize my New Graphic Card which is in my PC. I searched the internet and it says that i need to uninstall my old Video Card. But my old one is Intergrated. Do i have to disable it on my Device Manager before installing the new one or not. Whats the problem? MY PC is a Aspire X1920. Thanks!!

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi tyson12302,

You will probably need to disable the onboard VGA that's currently working for you. Tap the DEL key when booting the system up to enter the BIOS and there should be an option under Integrated Peripherials.

Hope this helps,
    Cory

• tyson12302
    Options

I'm on my BIOS Menu right now and Intergrated Peripherals. Here are the following options.

Onboard SATA Controller [Enabled]

Onboard SATA Mode [Native IDE]

Onboard USB Controller [Enabled]

Legacy USB Support [Enbabled]

USB Storage Emulation [Auto]

Onboard Graphic Controller [Enabled] GREYED OUT. I can't go on it

Onboard Audio Controller [Enababled]

Onboard LAN Controller [Enabled]

Onboard LAN Option ROM [Disabled]

What one do i change?

• Cory-Acer
    Options

So the good news is that the option that is greyed out means that it would automatically select onboard or dedicated for you. Unfortunately, I don't know why it's not yet. It comes down to either being the card itself or possibly the motherboard, but that's less likely as you'd probably see other issues than just the PCIe slot going bad.

Start by making sure that there are no dedicated power requirements for the video card, and make sure that the system has enough power to meet the requirements of the card. The AX1920 has a 220w power supply. If all that is met, you might want to try reseating the card, and then possibly trying the card in another machine if possible.

Cory

• tyson12302
    Options

I've checked around everywhere and there doesn't seem to be any Info about the Power supply for this Video Card. I want to install the ATi Radeon HD 4450 Graphics Card. I'm pretty sure it can handle my PSU, but im just checking here if it does because i cant find any info on the internet that tell me what the requiments are. I'll try reseating the Video Card later. Its a Low Profile Card so it doesn't require any plugging in. Correct me if im wrong. 

• Cory-Acer
    Options

I tried to do a quick search myself and I couldn't find it either. I know it doesn't take a lot, but the 220w PSU isn't going to have a lot of extra room period. Maybe someone's on the forum has been successful and can share.

As far as the Low Profile, that just means that it can be inserted into small form factor (slimmer) PCs.

Cory

• tyson12302
    Options

Well Thanks anyways! One for thing there is a Voltage shown for Noise and Power which is 25W. That isn't the requirements i know. But is there a way to someone calculate that to the power? Thanks for all the replies.!! 

• tyson12302
    Options

I fixed it!! As you said i should reseat it and thats what i did. The Card wasn't fully in. Many people said not to put all of pressure into the card. But you do to put it in fully. I toke it out and put pressure into it and it clicked and now everythings works!!! Thanks!!

• Cory-Acer
    Options

Awesome. It's always nice when it's such a simple fix Smiley Happy

Good luck.