My Acer Aspire XC-605 microphone is not working.

janetgr
janetgr Member Posts: 3 New User

My computer crashed recently and I had to reset it to factory settings. Since then the microphone is not working . I regularly skype my daughter and three granchildren in Oz and now they can't hear me. 

I have gone into my control panel and under the recording tab it shows frontmic, microphone and line in all as unplugged

and instead of ticks they have a red down arrow.

I am not technically qualified to confidentally try anything else on my own for fear of making the situation worse. 

Help please - I am running up big phone bills !

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Go here:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/4945;-;Aspire%20XC-605

select your Operating system and download 

AudioRealtekAudio Driver

install, reboot and check it again.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • janetgr
    janetgr Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi thanks for your advice . I have done what you suggested, but sadly it is still not working.

Skype cannot find any microphone and the control panel is giving the same display as mentioned before. 

I reckon I will have to contact Acer tomorrow when their support dept. opens. Thank you for your efforts to help. I guess something has blown and will ned to be replaced.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

with the microphone connected, can you please take a screenshot of recording device panel of windows?

right click on speaker icon, choose reording devices.

also, if microphone has the red arrow, right click on it and check if you can enabled and set it as default device.

I'm not an Acer employee.