My ATC-220-EB52 having issues installing Nvidia GTX 750i card, screen does not come on

somerset65
somerset65 Member Posts: 14 New User

I can't be the only person experiencing this pain Smiley Sad  have download the newest drivers from Acer, tried the Nvidia Geforce Experience (all in one) download and that won;t becuase it keeps saying (you have no GPU found).

tried a HDMI cable from graphics mother board to CPU, nothing.

Answers

• somerset65

Sorry have windows 10 re-installed on desktop

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

somerset65,

Can you post the exact model number of the GTX 750? Is it EVGA? MSI? ASUS? Gigabyte? etc??? There's lots of different GTX 750's.  Some require a 6 pin power cable.....and some don't.  Most are UEFI only, but not all.  As far as the initial driver to install, sometimes it's best to get it directly from the graphics card manufacturer (at least for the initial install).

When you re-installed Windows 10, do you mean you used Acer Recovery Management, or Acer Care Center or did you do a clean install with Windows 10 media from Microsoft?  Can you describe how you re-installed Windows 10?

I'm guessing you already double checked as to whether the graphics card was seated properly?

I'm assuming your UEFI/BIOS settings are default and you haven't altered them?

Can you also post the following info from #5 (see below)......

1. Right click on Windows start button

2. Left click on "Run"

3. Type msinfo32

4. Click ok

5. And then post your BIOS version and whether you have BIOS mode=UEFI (see my screenshot below as an example---I don't have your computer model)

examplebveruefi.PNG

If you can answer those questions, and provide the necessary info, I should be able to tell you what the problem is and how to fix it.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • somerset65

Hi Jordan, sorry if i did not include all info, my bad. The graphics cars is a Gigabyte Geforce GTX 750ti graphics accelerator. I have NOT re-installed windows 10, the desktop came with it installed. I do have driver talent & display driver uninstaller on thinking it might help. I have installed and unistalled so many times not sure what state the desktop is in now Smiley Sad  i hope the sscreen shoots attached can shed some light on the matter.

I have also checked the graphics card for proper seating numerous times, and have also re-seated the ram card to see if that heled (did not make any difference) also plugged in HDMI from graphics card to CPU (bypass screen) and the computer did not recognize it.

BIOS.jpg

• somerset65
  • JordanB

Ok.  Thanks.

Do the graphics card fans turn on?  Do you think it's possible that your new graphics card isn't getting adequate power?  What are the power supply requirements for your graphics card?

What power supply do you have?  You might need a flashlight to read the power supply info from your computer.  It should be written on the power supply.

Also, can you post the exact model # of your Gigabyte graphics card ?????

I'll post a couple examples of exact model #'s below if you're not sure what I mean.

Example#1   GV-N75TOC2-2GI

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125824

Example#2  GV-N75TOC-2GL

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125680

In my examples above, one of them requires a power supply with a 6 pin power connector. And the other one doesn't.

I can keep helping you, but you can also call Gigabyte too to ask for their help. Smiley Happy

Gigabyte customer support telephone #      1 (626) 854-9338

http://www.gigabyte.us/support-downloads/support-downloads.aspx

• JordanB

I took a quick glance as Userbenchmark to see what other owners of TC-220 are using for graphics cards.  I see a couple 750ti.  One was ASUS 750ti and another was Zotac 750ti but we don't know which exact models they used or if they upgraded their power supply etc...

http://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Aspire-TC-220/15887

• somerset65

Hi Jordon,

Yes, the graphics cards fans (both) come on, i have tried other graphics cards in there and they all seem to be getting power alright. The exact card is GV-N75TOC-2GI

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4948#ov

side view.jpg

Gigabyte Card.jpg

• somerset65

have a 650 gold rated power supply for it, the factory is only 300 w i believe.

• somerset65
  • JordanB

What happened when you installed the graphics card manufacturer's driver or nvidias driver as per that faq?

Have you plugged your 650 watt power supply's 6 pin cable in to the 750ti graphics card?

• JordanB

There should be a menu button on your monitor that will allow you to change the input to HDMI.

• JordanB

And the last thing that I can think of is to update your BIOS.  After your update your BIOS, you can also go in to your BIOS settings and load the defaults (F9) and then save/exit (F10).

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

• somerset65
  • somerset65

Used yourlink you provided, there are 2X BIOS downloads, i downloaded the first one. Still doesn't help.

• somerset65

Are there ANY three star members that can perhaps shed some light on this ???

• JordanB

Ouch.  Really?  

I think you need to backup your important personal files and reset your PC to factory condition.

Don't use that "driver talent" anymore or any of that junkware anymore.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38202/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDcxOTA4ODY0L3NpZC85azExZExZbQ%3D%3D

Good luck.

• somerset65

Reset desktop to factory, still same issues. Smiley Sad

• JordanB

Remove your gigabyte graphics card from your computer.

1. Download P11.A4 BIOS

2. Extract

3.  Double click the "appendix" folder

4.  Carefully read and follow instructions in WinFlash Utility SOP v1.2

220.PNG

• somerset65

Followed your directions exactly, except after trying to open it it says this, when you hit "run anyway" you can see a operating screen appear in the back ground for only one second, then closes. So windows is NOT letting this go through. Tried it numerous times, nothing.20160823_113646_resized.jpg

• JordanB

Step 2 says you're supposed to "extract".

I can see by your screenshot that you didn't "extract".

Here's what "extracted" looks like:

extracted.PNG

Here's what your screenshot looks like:

notextractededt.png