My AT3-600-UR33 will not complete Windows 8 updates

Options
Gramps
Gramps Member Posts: 2 New User

I have a new Acer Aspire AT3-600-UR33 fresh out of the box. I started doing the Windows 8 Updates after the initial setup so I could install the free Windows 8.1 Upgrade. The first series of 3 updates install  without a problem, but then I get to a update that has 19 updates in it and the updates fail and I can go no further. The Windows 8.1 update will not install because it says that I need to install all of the Windows 8 updates first. I have restored to factory state and tried updating three times so far and have attempted to not install the unit of 19 updates that are causing the issue. Anyone here having or have had the same problem? I'm at the point where I am rapidly considering returning the computer and purchasing a different brand.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Can you post a screenshot of this 19 updates and the error code, if any appeared?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Gramps
    Gramps Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Ironfly,

Thanks for your reply to my problem. I'm a cranky old senior citizen with no patience with computers.

My neighbors son drove over to my farm to give me a hand. We ended up going back to factory and installing all of the updates till the 19 problamatic ones. He fiddled around for a bit and managed to get the 8.1 Upgrade to install. We've installed all of the 8.1 updates, but cannot get the Bluetooth to work. I've owned 2 different Acer laptops over the past 8 years, but if this is a sample of their desktops quality and support quality, then they stink. I think I'll take this back to where I purchased it and switch it for a different brand. Definately not going to recommend for anyone to purchase a Acer desktop.