Motherboard for Acer TC105-UR11

Options
Nobey
Nobey Member Posts: 4 New User

I'm currently looking to upgrade the system memory of my Acer TC105-UR11.

CPU-Z shows that the current set up is 2x4GB PC3-12800 (800MHz) + 1x2GB PC3-12800 (800MHz). Both are running at 1.35V

I know the AMD A10-6700 is design to support DDR3-1866 PC3-14900, but don't want to overspend if the motherboard is going to end up creating a glass ceiling.

CPU-Z is listing the Mother board as:

Manufacturer: Acer

Model: Aspire TC-105

Chipset AMD K15 IMC Rev. 00

Southbridge: AMD A75FCH Rev. 2.4

LPCIO: ITE IT8772

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

I have the intel equivalent to your computer (TC-605-ur13, i5 4440, H81-chipset)

When I look at crucial's website, what I find is there is some PC3-14900, DDR3-1866 compatible with my computer but unfortunately it has CL=13.  It's not the high performance memory like Crucial Ballistix.  The Hynix PC3-12800 DDR3-1600 memory that came pre-installed is CL=11.....which is pretty good for a mainstream computer.

So I'm I guessing that it would be a complete wash if I upgraded, and I wouldn't see any noticeable improvements.  All of the Crucial high performance memory is listed as NOT COMPATIBLE with my computer...so I'm taking that as a hint about the Intel H81 or at least Acer's customization of their board.  Smiley Wink

I assume the same would hold true with your AMD chipset, but don't know for sure.

I haven't spent a lot of time on the memory upgrade research, but I have spent a lot of time on the SSD upgrade research.  I think that's where we'll find the most noticeable improvements in performance instead of memory upgrade.

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/systemscanner

At this point, I think I'm going to pick up a Crucial BX100 250GB SSD B=Budget.  It doesn't come with cloning software like their higher end models, but I have a backup on a 32GB USB thumb drive with Acer recovery manangemnt...and I'll just install it on the new SSD.

http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26286/~/create-a-acer-factory-default-backup-in-windows-8.1

I'm not an Acer employee.