Motherboard details Aspire XC-230 - hardware Devices in Windows but still the is sufficient.

Options
cmborge
cmborge Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

I've had a security problem with my business for some years and I believe someone has hacked onto my pc even after my network card has been removed. I've also disabled the network controller in Bios, and de-activated the hardware Devices in Windows but still I question if the is sufficient. Are there parts on the motherboard that people can connect to regardless of the network card? Can there be some kind of "undisclosed" part on it I should be aware of and remove? (the motherboard is complicated) WP_20140701_009(1).jpgWP_20140701_010(1).jpgWP_20140701_011(1).jpgWP_20140701_012.jpg

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

any motherboard port can be potentially used to hack a PC, so the only safe PC is one without any port, any HDD and powered OFF.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Sharonea
    Sharonea Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Hi

I have a Aspire XC600 is there any other mother boards that will fit the case ? even not a Acer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

@Sharonea you have posted to a thread that is over five years old and on a completely different topic. Use the Ask a Question button to start a new thread for your question. Include your full model number (so XC-600-xxxx) as well as the question.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.