Model Aspire x3810 upgraded to Win 10...frezzes...is ther a solution

Options
bragd
bragd Member Posts: 3 New User

How can I update all drivers for Aspire X3810 with Windows 10, upgraded from 8.0

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

It could be from many different things. The next time it freezes, jot down the time to the secont and right click start and open Event Viewer/custom views/ Administrative Events.Look for an Error at the time you logged and see if it gives you a clue.

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options

Sorry your having problems with your computer and Windows 10..

The sad thing about computer and Windows upgrades is all Hardware is not created equal. With that said I think the probem with your computer not running Windows 10 well is that the Graphics Chipset isn't supported in Windows 10. So when you made the upgrade from Windows 7 Microsoft installed a Generic Driver to make it so you could see things on your computer.

However once you start to use your computer and want to put any type of load on your GPU windows starts to look for drivers to support what your trying to do. Then crashes because there is no driver to handle it. Right now I would say that it is good computer with 10 for reading Emails and basic web. 

Your Graphics Chipset is Intel G43. Two things to look at with windows update to 10 is acers site and see if it is going to be supported for the upgrade. Your computer I don't see listed.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows10-eligible-models

Next thing is I would look at the Chipset manufacture and see what they offer with the Upgrade. that chipset works with 2000, XP, Vista,7 and 8. After 8 it says G43 isn't supported. 

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm?wapkw=intel+g33+express+chipset

So sadly I don't have one of your systems in front of me and I don't know what is inside. However there is a few things you can do if you are able to updade your computer. If you are able to add another Video card then with the drivers of that card as long as it is Windows 10 supported you can then have 10 run without issue. 

I have a computer that was running the G31 chipset that is a year older then your chipset and with that computer I was able to install a Asus GTX 650 and runs Windows 10 great. before that it wasn't a happy computer.

Hope this helps shed some light to your windows 10 problems..

James 

• bragd
    Options

Thanks ACE philetus...backed down by downgrading to Win 8.1...let's see if problem recurs

• bragd
    Options

Thanks RevoMaxx...Asus GTX 650 average cost C$150.00...downgraded to Win 8.1...hopefully this will solve...