Model Aspire TC-780 Activate Windows

Options
cmr
cmr Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Just bought this desktop. First new computer in 12 years! Not too tech savvy. Not familiar with Windows 10. Upon startup my Aspire shows a message in lower right corner "Activate Windows" go to settings. When I try that I get an error message 0xC004C008 saying that I cannot activate due to that my unit # is already in use for another device! Windows 10 is supposed to be installed in this computer already. The promt tells me to go to store website and buy again? Help please

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Give Acer support service or your seller a call.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Alston
    Alston Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

completed aniversary change over for windows 10 Home. Now it has disapeared. How do I get it back 

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi

Get what back?

Windows 10 is registered / verified online within a few days of first use.  The motherboard is effectively licenced, so that future installs will be validated against the original data.

So is it Windows 10 you have lost, or just the validation problem?

• Alston
    Alston Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Lost ony Activation ability.All was fine after anniversary installation since then i recieve error code 0x007232B

Ho can i resolve this Peter.

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi

Not entirely sure of your situation, so...

I bought a new HP laptop and on first use took me thru setup etc.  It was not registered as licenced for Windows 10, that happened a few days after automagically in the background.

Not being a trusting soul, and also wanting to know what my licence key was I...

Downloaded and used Magic Jelly Bean and Key Finder Installer to make a note of said key.

Also I use Piriform Speccy and Belarc Adviser to view details.

Belarc shows something like this....

Avira - Antivirus1XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    elarc - AdvisoraXXXXXXX
    Microsoft - Internet Explorer00XXXXXAAOEM (Key: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXX
    Microsoft - PowerShell8XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Microsoft - Windows 10 Home (x64)00XXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-AAOEM (Key: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX)
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    I'm not an Acer employee.