Microsoft Updates Do not Download After Clone of Laptop 320 GB Hard drive to 1TB Hybrid Drive

Options
oscar1
oscar1 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter

Microsoft updates will not down after I cloned the 320GB hard drive to a 1TB Seagate hybrid drive. The 5 year old laptop is a Acer aspire 7740-5591, Windows 7, 64 bit, i3 quad core, 4 GB ram. I have tried two clone programs, the first one was Seagate Disc Wizard clone option, the clone running now was installed using  Macrium Reflect free version. When I check for Microsoft updates current error message is something like, “Windows update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running and you may need to restart your computer”. Sometimes I get the message that Internet Explorer has crashed when checking  for updates. Another error message I have received when trying to get Microsoft updates is that my browser settings have changed. When I check for a genuine copy of Windows I get the message that my windows is not genuine. Hopefully someone can help out with this problem, I would greatly appreciate any suggestions you have. Thank you, Oscar1

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Do you still have the good HDD and can do another clone?

• oscar1
    oscar1 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options

Thank you for your reply. Yes,  the orginial 320 GB drive was still good the last time I used it. At this time it is stored in a protective bag. Thanks, Oscar1