Microphone problems with my ATC-605-UB11.

Options
Evanesces
Evanesces Member Posts: 5 New User

Hello,

My name is Evan and the problem I have been having with my microphone is that the input sound is not being picked up the way intended. To better explain this, instead of my headset picking up volume through the designated microphone, it instead picks up sound from within the speaker of the headset instead. I have been trying many solutions like; 1. setting default microphone 2. using the jacks in the back of the computer 3. uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drivers (which are realtek) 4. completely restoring my computer.

Now before I go smash my computer on the ground (I would never but I am getting very annoyed with the situation), will someone please try to help me solve the problem. If it turns out the problem in fact lies within the lining of the jacks or the jacks themselves, I will then bring it to a repair store.

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

Evanesces,

Can you try a different headset?  Or take your headset to a different computer?  Maybe you can isolate the problem.

I'm not having any problem with my headset on TC-605 with front or rear mic on windows 8.1 or windows 10.  My headset is a very old hunk of junk logitech.

Please post if you figure it out.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Evanesces
    Options
    I have tried 10 dofferent headsets and microphones on it. They all work on different computers.
  • JordanB
    Options

Windows 7? windows 8.1? windows 10?  what BIOS version do you have currently installed on your computer?

• Evanesces
    Options
    Windows 10 but it was doing the same thing on 8.1
  • JordanB
    Options

What BIOS version?

To find BIOS version, right click on windows start button, left click on run, type msinfo32, click ok

• Evanesces
    Options
    Theres BIOS Version/Date that says American Megatrends Inc. P11-A2, 11/8/2013 and then SMBIOS Version 2.8
  • JordanB
    Options

Ok, I've never used that BIOS version.  And I have no idea if that could be the problem.  Both of my TC-605's came with P11.A3. I'm using the latest BIOS P11.B4 right now. Unfortunately not of all Acer's BIOS descriptions list improvements or bug fixes....so we're in the dark.

I'm out of ideas...sorry.  Maybe someone else will know.

• Evanesces
    Options

Thank you for everything though.

• JordanB
    Options

You're welcome.....

Good luck!

Please post if you find a solution.