March 11, 2015 windows update.

Options
jonfromtyler
jonfromtyler Member Posts: 2 New User

On March 11, 2015 my Acer Aspire AXC 603 UB17 desktop was updated by windows update. After that the computer started using memory resources more than normal. It was unbearable to use. The mouse would freeze briefly. In task manager most of the programs showed using more memory than now. I restored the computer back to before the windows update. Now it seems ok for now. Anyone else have this problem ?

Answers

• dreamcruise
    dreamcruise Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

I cant even work! Mouse is freezing and jerking.  What in the world did this update do?  

• dreamcruise
    dreamcruise Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

i just restored pre 3/11 "critical update" and I am back to normal.  The cursor freeze made working today a complete nightmare... 

• jonfromtyler
    jonfromtyler Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Read somewhere about an SD Card being inserted in the Card Reader that might be causing the problem. Pulled it out. Re-installed Microsoft update. No problems since then. The SD Card was 1 gigabytes.

• Steveeh2001
    Steveeh2001 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options

Tons of people had the same problem. The fix is to press  ctrl   alt  delete, then click on task manager. Scroll down until you see Intel Technology Access Service. Right click on it and end task. You might have to do it a couple times after booting, but it works.