MIDI - Acer tower interface problem

Options
barytonic
barytonic Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Need MIDI interface help with Aspire TC-805 tower (ATC-605-UB11 ; P/N DT.SRQAA.008 ;[edited to comply with guidelines].  None of my MIDI gear registers as a device by the tower using my old interface gadget. I found such a one online that is adapted to ACER laptop models, but nothing specific to my tower. Thank you very much in advance for any help!! - Tony

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

I think you're looking for that.

France
  • barytonic
    Options

Thank you kindly for your reply. I have an earlier UM product, will look into this. Thank you!

• barytonic
    Options

My followup is admittedly late, hope not too late to maybe get an answer to an installation issue.

I have meticulously followed the instructions for the installation of the UM unit. However, the driver installation hangs up. One question I have about my Acer is: are the USB ports powered? Am unsure how to ascertain this one way or another. If NOT powered, that may be my problem. Can be remedied. If ARE powered than there is another unknown issue. Any thoughts, help appreciated. I will search Roland site for possible driver update...   THANKS!!!!!!!

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,091 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

About Roland UM-ONE mk2:

1- Driver: Windows 8/8.1-32 or 64 bits

2- The switch [COMP/TAB] must be placed on COMP

3- Connect to an USB 2.0 port

Note:

When you'll install the driver, nothing must be connected on USB ports.

USB powered port means the UM-ONE is powered by the USB ports. All USB port are powered.

Try with a smartphone for example.

(Personatly, I had no issue when I used this device.)

France
  • barytonic
    Options

Hey Super Contributor! Thanks again for your reply, much appreciated. As it turns out, it was my antivirus software that was interfereing with the installation. I had overlooked that, perhaps because I keep my acer offline. I'm off and running now.

Thanks!!  With best wishes....  - Tony