M1930 freezing

tukalex
tukalex Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

Dear Sirs.

I have an Aspire M1930 desktop computer, I've installed Win 7 Pro 32 bit OS. The unit has 4 gigs RAM. I have updated to the latest drivers available on the Acer web-site. Also I have upgraded BIOS to P01.B1 version. When trying to upgrade to P02.A2 bios I get a message that "ROM file ID is not compatible with existing BIOS ID" message. The problem is that the desktop freezes almost every day at least for one time. The desktop is working during 9 hours every day. The constantly used aplications are: browser, audio player, skype, email client, antivirus. The freezing looks like that: music continues to play, mouse and keyboard control is disabled, as a result Ctrl-alt-del does not work. When I press power button, I see that email client is closing. Only pressing power button for 5 seconds shuts down the computer. Please advise.

KR

Alex

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i would check VGA drivers and ram sticks.

try too boot with only 1 ram stick at time and see if your OS freezes again.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • tukalex

Dear IronFly

I did update VGA drivers to the latest version from Intel site and also removed one RAM stick. The machine is working OK for one week. On Monday I will install RAM stick back and see if the freezing will occur. I will inform about the results.

KR
    Alex

• tukalex

I tried to work with bot RAM modules (one by one, not simultaneusly), the machine still freezes but less often (2-3 times a week). Maybe I should try to run AFUWINGUI utility and check "Do not check ROM ID" checkbox under Setup and try to flash the bios? Isnt it dangerous?

KR

Alex

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i'm not sure that P02.A2 is compatible with your motherboard version.

if system still freeze with both ram module, i would try a  ram check with memtest, you can download the USB version, you just need an USB stick and run the autoinstaller, once done, boot your system from the USB and run some tests.

http://www.memtest.org/download/5.01/memtest86+-5.01.usb.installer.zip

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • jacver
    jacver Member Posts: 1 New User

upgrade