Looking for motherboard info for AXC-605-UR28

Options
Mighty
Mighty Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

My friend just purchased a AXC-605-UR28 for use as a server.  I'm having trouble finding any information on it.

First, I see on the product description that it only has one memory slot with a maximum of 16 GB.  So, no chance of dual- or triple-channel bandwidth.

What I can't tell is whether the motherboard supports RAID 1.

Can anyone tell me, or point me at documentation for this motherboard?

Thanks,

Drkae

[edited for privacy - please do not post personal or unique information]

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options
    It's probably Intel H81 express. But I don't know that for sure. I have ATC-605 and that's what it uses. I noticed that the motherboards in new acer Veriton use B85.

If it's H81, it doesn't support Intel's rapid storage technology. According to link below, you'd need to use either software raid or buy a raid controller and stick it in one of the open PCI-e slots. I'm neither a motherboard expert nor a raid expert so take my comments with that in mind.

I'm getting ready to add a SSD and would also like info on motherboard (H81). It's probably simple to figure out, but I'd still like a diagram of motherboard.

http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/1psrh0/h81_vs_h87_motherboards/
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Mighty
    Mighty Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for the guess.  But, I've found that in this industry, models with very similar designations can be built from completely different components.

As for your SSD, as far as your computer is concerned, it's "Just A Drive."  You can either replace the drive you have.  Or, if the motherboard supports multiple drives, you can add the SSD and use them in combination.

I do the latter.  I have an SSD to hold Program Files and the swap file, and have moved all the bulky stuff to a big hard drive.

Drake

P.S.  Was my original message edited to remove my last name?  That seems a bit extreme.

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options
    Now that I'm actually looking at the product in question, it's probably not H81 or B85 because I'm pretty sure they actually solder the bay trail j2900 right to the mother board.
    I'm not an Acer employee.