I have an Aspire one 722 64 bit running window 7 and need help updating the entire system

Options
alaskamedic
alaskamedic Member Posts: 2 New User

I bought the laptop several years ago, and put it down after my wife and I bought a Macbook pro.  I dug it out of a box and decided to use it again, but it seems to running poorly.  I believe a need a bios update for the battery, and I am wondering if i can update the most current version windows.  if this possible than how do i got about it?  i am not very pc savvy, just fyi

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options

Not sure if it is running slow or if your just used to the mac...... With that said your CPU is running a AMD. C-60 I think. and that is a 1gHz in speed. However looking at the specs with one of my smaller cousins to yours a Aspire One 10" with a atom 455 or any of them really seeing all mine are running the 1.6 but even then your system has better speed test then mine.... I have mine running on Windows 10 but the 10 don't like the Graphics of mine. However yours may be even better seeing yours can have 4 gig of ram comes with 2. Mine came with 1 but I have put in 2 and taht is max for mine.... Works well but when they first start can lag if there is loads of Updates...... Once the updates are done the little lappys work great..... 

Hope this helps shed some light on your Question...

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Acer has drivers for Windows 8, 32 and 64 bit.

If you want to upgrade to Win 8, you need a Win 8 key.

You can upgrade to Win 10 for free.

http://www.howtogeek.com/225048/how-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-or-8-to-windows-10-right-now/

If you want to try Win 10, you may want the Bios upgrade

See what version you have. Start, type system information in search.

This is the latest Bios upgrade

BIOSAcerBIOS1.113.8 MB2012/11/13Download

Make sure you are plugged in and the battery is charged. Download and unzip to a new folder on your desktop.

Click install and don't touch anything unless directed to.

Standard Warning:As with ANY Bios upgrade, there is a possibility something can go wrong and brick your computer.

• alaskamedic
    alaskamedic Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    How would I get a Win 8 key?
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Since it's a free upgrade, honestly i would upgrade straight to windows 10, without looking for a windows 8 key.

with the latest windows 10 release, you can do a clean install using the windows 7 product key of your AO722.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

just download the windows tool and choose to create a bootable flash drive media and follow instruction for a clean install.

I'm not an Acer employee.