I have an Acer Aspire E 11 and since changing to windows10 the touchpad curser freezes

Options
Ann60
Ann60 Member Posts: 2 New User

My touchpad curser freezes after about 20mins use, this has only started since changing to windows10. I have to shutdown manually then wait a while before restarting, 9 times out of 10 it will work again, sometimes for longer than aforesaid 20 mins

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

A driver is a bit of software. Without the correct driver, you, me, or the best shop in the world can't ix it.

Download the correct driver for Windows 10.

Before installing new driver, go to Control Panel/Programs & Featured and uninstall the old driver, reboot, and then install new driver.

Answers

• philetus
    Options

A lot of laptops are having Windows 10 touchpad problems.If it was working good before you upgraded, it's a driver problem. You may want to go back to your previos build until 10 is a bit more mature.

• Ann60
    Ann60 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi thanks for replying. I did go back to windows 8 when it first started but the problem was still happening so decided (rightly or wrongly) to go back to windows 10. I'm not very computor savvy so did what i thought was right as i kept getting reminders to change over. If its a driver problem can it be fixed by me or would i have to put it in the shop?

• philetus
    Answer ✓
    Options

A driver is a bit of software. Without the correct driver, you, me, or the best shop in the world can't ix it.

Download the correct driver for Windows 10.

Before installing new driver, go to Control Panel/Programs & Featured and uninstall the old driver, reboot, and then install new driver.