I have an Acer Aspire 7741. I want to disable the CAPS LOCK ICON. It interferes with my work.

Options
Dynamaniac
Dynamaniac Member Posts: 7 New User

I have an Acer Aspire 7741.  I want to disable the CAPS LOCK ICON because it interferes with my work.  Microsoft states this is a  utility that is on the computer, not something that is controlled by Windows software.  Help, please.  This is the only computer I use that does this and it's quite annoying at times.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Acer launch manager probably has an option about it.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Dynamaniac
    Options

What is launch manager?  Where do I get it?  What does it do?  Is it already on my computer?  I am not tech stupid, but I'm not particularly tech savvy either...  I need more guidance than this reply offered.  Thanks.

• IronFly
    Options
  • Dynamaniac
    Options

What does Fn+F mean?

• IronFly
    Options

on some laptop or desktop there is some functions with blue symbols on keyboard, probably you don't have it. Smiley Happy

don't worry about it.

• Dynamaniac
    Options

Thanks for the link.  Are you sure this is the one I need for my model 7741Z?  And, do I install setup.exe, lmgr.exe...  I'm kind of "skeered" to do this and it mess anything up.  I know it is for my computer, but is there a way to see if I already have it? Or is something I would have been required to download to have it?  In other words, did it come already installed on my computer, or is it an aftermarket-only installation?

• IronFly
    Options
    Normally it's already on your computer, so do a search on your system.
  • Dynamaniac
    Options

Okay.  Now for more stupid questions...where it would be?  Is it called "launch manager"?  Would it be in a hidden file somewhere?  If I had it, could I not just find where to turn off this indicator somehow?  If I don't have it, and I install it, do you know where to navigate to turn the indicator off?

I'm sorry to be such a skeptic, but Ineed my computer and this issue is not worth losing it for whatever reason....  I'm just nervous about the unknown...

• Dynamaniac
    Options

I think I already have it.  My laptop is closed.  Can you tell me how I would get to it without opening the laptop?  Or do I have to use the fn+F3 combo to get to it?

• IronFly
    Options

sorry, i don't understand.

• Dynamaniac
    Options

I want to get rid of this icon, please.  I found launch manager on my computer.  Do you know how to turn if OFF?  It serves no purpose.  I have a light on my keyboard.  I do not need this indicator.

CAPS LOCK.png