I have an ACER ASPIRE 5755G-Need Strong Suggestion to replace Old HDD with WD Black 750GB HDD

Options
paterjean
paterjean Member Posts: 13 New User

I have an ACER ASPIRE 5755G Laptop.

Configurations :- Intel® Inside TM Core i5-2430M 2.4GHz  with Turbo Boost up to 3.0 GHz, Windows® 7 , NVIDIA ® GeForce ® GT 540 M, Up to 2741 MB TurboCache TM ,  15.6” HD LED LCD , 4 GB DDR3 Memory, 640 GB HDD (WD Scorpio Blue),  DVD-Super Multi DL Drive, Acer Nplify TM 802.11 b/g/n , 6-Cell Li-ion battery.

The laptop is not working and throwing an error of BOOTMANGER is missing Press alt + ctrl + delete to restart.

Somehow I made it work till the point of Startup Repair option using Windows 7 DVD (Don't know that this DVD is genuine windows 7 or not.)

When I show Diagnosis and repair details: the Root cause found was Bad hard disk: (Please find an Attachment named “Root Cause Found.jpg”)

Root Cause Found.jpg

Question: -

1. I would like to change my OLD hard Drive (Find an Attachment named – “OLD Hard Drive.jpg640 GB HDD - WD Scorpio Blue) with NEW (Find an Attachment named – “NEW Hard Drive.jpg - Western Digital 750 GB WD Black SATA III 7200 RPM 16 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Notebook Hard Drive WD7500BPKX), Will it work with the configuration I have mentioned above?

OLD Hard Drive.jpg

NEW Hard Drive.jpg

Please give Confirm suggestion because there is no way I can download and run WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic as mention in http://community.acer.com/t5/2014-Archives/Aspire-5755G-Replacement-RAM-and-drive/td-p/287398 .

1. If question 1 is recommended then please advise or provide any LINKS or STEPS or VIDEOS orSCREENSHOTS, how to successfully FIT this HDD in my laptop and how do I make my laptop work as it was when it came from factory with a genuine windows 7 or let say a FACTORY RESTORE without using any DVD?

I appreciate any HELP on this.

Thank You.

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

Here is the link of Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for DOS. Follow the instructions stated on the webpage.

France
  • paterjean
    Options

Hi laurent_14,

Thank you for your response.

But my question is, do you want me to perform your suggestion on OLD WD 640GB HDD or on NEW WD 750GB HDD?

Please reply.

Thank You

• paterjean
    Options

Please advise on my FIRST post. (I have an ACER ASPIRE 5755G-Need Strong Suggestion to replace Old HDD with WD Black 750GB HDD).

Can I order 750GB WD Black for the configuration I mentioned in FIRST post for my laptop?

This 750GB WD Black will be compatible for my laptop and will it work fine in my laptop?

Please advise.

laurent_14, I appreciate your help and suggestion.

I tried as you mentioned on my OLD 640GB HDD but it is giving me the same error “ the Root cause found :  Bad hard disk: ”.

Thank You.

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

Aspire 5755G series had equipped with HDD of 750Gb - SATA2 - 5400RPM - 9.5mm

Brands: Toshiba, Hitachi and WD.

About the new HDD WD Black 750Gb:

1. 750Gb: No problem
    2. SATA2 - SATA3: Backward compatible

I can't guarantee 100% that it will be compatible.

I suggest you this original HDD for your laptop: WD WD7500BPVT (100% compatible).

France
  • paterjean
    Options

Hello  laurent_14,

Thanks once again.

But would you please suggest me how to get my system back to normal like the way it came from factory (Factory Restore) with this NEW hard drive.

Please suggest if you have any videos or step by step recovery link or any online help.

How do i recognize that the windows 7 DVD i have is genuine or not.

Hereby i am attaching a screen shot of that DVD.

Windows 7 DVD.jpg

Thank You.

• laurent_14
    Options
    1. Have you bought this laptop new or used?
    2. Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

3. Could you post here a picture of the DVDs?
    France
  • paterjean
    Options
    1. Have you bought this laptop new or used?

Ans:- It was a last DISPLAY peace left in that store so bought that. So i dont know that if we could consider that as NEW or Not.

2. Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

Ans :- LXRPW01012

3. Could you post here a picture of the DVDs?Windows 7 DVD.JPG

• paterjean
    Options

Anyone,

I have ordered "this original HDD for your laptop: WD WD7500BPVT (100% compatible)" as per the suggestion by laurent_14.

Could anyone tell me how to install it and how to make my PC run as it was came from factory?

I have attached the DVD that i have available in previous reply, if anyone can help me run my PC using that DVD will be helpful as well.

Please advise.

Waiting for anyone's reply.

Thank You.

• laurent_14
    Options
    1. You only have one DVD?
    2. Who have burnt this DVD? The seller or you?
    France
  • paterjean
    Options

well,

1.Yes i have only ONE dvd.

2.Don't Remember.

• laurent_14
    Options
    1. It's a "copy". You only have Windows 7 no drivers no softwares. You'll be able to install it but you'll need to download all drivers from Acer website. The MS product key is located on the bottom.
    2. I suggest you to buy Acer recovery media from your Acer store. Not expensive and it will be exactly as you bought it.
    France
  • paterjean
    Options

I have tried to look for Acer Recovery media as well but i have windows 7 home basic OA India (That's what it say at the bottom of my laptop in Microsoft label.)

And Acer does not have the same.

Please advise.

Thank You.

• paterjean
    Options

This laptop has been purchased from India.

so when i enter SNID or serial number in this page https://store.acer.com/en-us/extended/recovery/   - it says "We could not find the serial number you entered".

• laurent_14
    Options

Ok. In this case, I will request how to buy recovery media from a technician.

The laptop has been bought from India. In which country do you live now?

France
  • paterjean
    Options

Now i am in USA.

• laurent_14
    Options

I will give you more information next week. The technicians don't work on weekends.Smiley Happy

France
  • paterjean
    Options

Before my laptop crashed i took a back up of E and F drive which i am attaching a screenshot below, Please let me know if this could help anything to get my laptop run back to normal or anything that you can see in these two drive that can help me get my system back to factory restore?

E Drive:-

E Drive.jpg

F Drive:-

F Drive.jpg

Waiting for reply.

Thank You

• paterjean
    Options

Is anyone out there please reply to the last post.

Thank You.

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

I asked the opinion of IronFly. Wait a bit.

It looks like an image disk.

France
  • paterjean
    Options

Thank You  laurent_14  and IronFly for look into this issue.