I have a Aspire z5101 with a failed hard disk. Need the sata drivers to reinstall.

Options
tbarkdull
tbarkdull Member Posts: 3 New User

Trying to reinstall Windows 7 64 bit on Aspire z5101. Online drivers do not work for reinstallation. Has anyone had this issue?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

can you explain better your issue?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • tbarkdull
    Options

Hard disk died. Installed new one, but I do not have the recovery discs. I have a Windows 7 dvd, but cannot find the right sata controller drivers to reinstall Windows. I downloaded the drivers from acer site, but they do not find the controller.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

is your HDD detected on BIOS?

windows 7 installation can't find the HDD?

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

I don't see your computer on the Acer supported list for Windows 10, but if you want to give it a shot anyway.....all you need is the free Windows 10 media and your Windows 7 product key.  If it doesn't work right with Windows 10, you can wipe your hard drive with diskpart clean and then go back to trying with Windows 7.

Anyway....that's what I would do.. Smiley Wink

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

(If you've messed with your BIOS settings, it would be best to put them back to defaults (F9) and then save/exit (F10).

Edit: Diskpart clean works for both Hard drives and solid state drives.

http://forum.crucial.com/t5/The-Cru/Reset-your-SSD-to-factory-settings-Windows-DiskPart/ba-p/162503

To get to a command prompt to use diskpart, Press Shift-F10 when you see the screen below.

windows10shiftF10.png

• tbarkdull
    Options

I will look over the settings, and even try the default (F9) settings. And verify it sees hard disk too.