I cannot connect to Ethernet or Wireless Network at all and I tried everything and still nothing.

gordongg
gordongg Member Posts: 7 New User

My Acer Aspire One A0751H will not recognize a ethernet or any wireless connection, I have tried uninstalling and stuff like that but nothing.

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer

What software are you running>? Did you upgrade or down grade software to make this issue start or just something that started for no ryme or reason?

if you go to a command promt and type ipconfig or winipcfg depending on the software your using does it show your port? info or does it say that it isn't present?

James

• gordongg

Sorry, I am running windows vista

• gordongg

It does show the stuff in there.

• gordongg

What else should I do after typing in ipconfig?

• RevoMaxx

ok well if is shows you some info in the ipconfig, I assume that it give an IP address starting with a 169 and not a 10 or a 192?

If it does show a 10. or a 192. address then you need to check the router and see why it don't have access to the Internet... 

Edit: Also I assume that your lan Driver is 6.221.424.2009    End Edit 

James

• gordongg

James that is the number but I don't understand why nothing is happening.

• RevoMaxx

Ok, I guess I need to know more of what is being displayed when you type ipconfig at a command prompt.

If for some reason your system is showing a 169. number and not a 10. or 192. then I would try to run a ipconfig /release    then run the ipconfig and make sure that it don't display anything. Then typr ipconfig /renew and then tell me what the IP address it renewed to please....

You can also try and Ping a website and see if you can access it at the command prompt. type ping whatsmyip.org and you should get a Reply from 208.64.38.55: bytes=32 time=xxms TTL=48      and that should reply 4 times.....

If it don't or if your side you loose a packet

If you are able to get a reply from that website. run a command that will take a little longer to run but can help understand if your having traffic issues. and where the issues are?

type     tracert or in vista i think it is  traceroute whatsmyip.org if that is bad command run it with tracert command        it should come up and say that it is tracying route to that address with {IP} over a max of 30 hops. Then withinn most times 9 to 15 IPs it should end at 208.64.38.55 and say trace complete..

Let me know how things turn out

James

• gordongg

Still nothing. 

• gordongg

It says Media disconnected when I am in Command Prompt with ipconfig.

• RevoMaxx

Ok when your getting this message does it show both Adapters? Or does it only show wireless? When your connected over wired network it will say on the Wireless that it is disconnected. Like right now mine says

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 11:

Media State .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  . Media disconnected

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  .  :

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Media State .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  . Media disconnected

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Link-local IPc6 Address  .  .  .  .  . :address listed

IPc4 Address  .  .  .  .  . .  .  .  .  . :10.0.0.14

Subnet Mask  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .:255.255.255.0

Default Gateway .  .  .  .   .  .  .  .:10.0.0.1

Tunnel adapter isatap <address listed>: and so on...

OK lets try this

Could you do a ipconfig /all and post it or a screen shot of the info

You can press alt + prt Scrn then bring up Paint and paste it in the window, save as a png or jpg file. Then upload it here by pressing the icon on the bar that looks like a moution with sun. look for the file you saved it as and post. IF you need to to get all the data upload another shot of the rest.. 

James

Screenshot (1).png