How to install card in expansion slot on Aspire ATC-710-UR56?

Options
Nawdry
Nawdry Member Posts: 2 New User

I want to add an expansion card with several additional USB ports. It has both a PCI-E and a PCI-16 slot. Acer has told me that I can add a card with up to 6 additional USB 3.0 ports.

However, the bay access to the rear of the PC is a problem. Instead of removal bay covers (in the past, these have been held in place by screws), the covers are affixed by metal tabs to the chassis. There is a spring-held clip that seems like maybe it could hold the end of a card so that the row of ports would be open to the rear (and thus accessible), but how this would work is unclear.

I don't know if this adequately explains the situation, but does this seem familiar to anyone who has tried to add an expansion accessory to a new PC like this recently?

Basically, since I cannot unscrew the covers over the rear bay openings, I think it would be necessary to cut or file through the metal tabs holding the covers to the chassis. Is the PC owner actually expected to do this to utilize an expansion slot? If so, what's the best way to do this?

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

Are you talking about this?

DT-ATC-710-LES

France
  • Nawdry
    Nawdry Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

OK, that resolves my question about whether that clip is actually intended to hold expansion cards in place. Thanks!

However, another issue is that each expansion bay is currently closed by a metal cover affixed to the chassis. What is the best way recommended to detach and remove a bay cover from the access slot to the expansion bay?

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

You have to insert a flat screwdriver in one of the crosses and move from bottom to top with caution to break metal points. Hold the chassis to avoid all distorsion.

France