How do you get Microsoft Security Essential to update on an Acer?

Options
Mesha
Mesha Member Posts: 6 New User

How do you get Microsoft Security Essential to update? for some reason it keeps saying there's no internet when there is. Also I can't seem to log on to other websites. Any ideas on how to fix the problems?

Answers

• Alfin72
    Alfin72 Member Posts: 42 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

How did you confirm that the unit is getting connected to internet when you can not logon to any website?  If the issue is the network disconnecting frequently try a TCP IP reset.

For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
    1. On the Start screen, type CMD. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
    2. At the command prompt, enter the following command, and then press Enter:
    3. netsh int ip reset 
    • Restart the computer.
      ---------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​----------------------------- Remember to mark "Accept as Solution",If I was helpful and the post solved your problem.  This will make it easier for others to find the same information.  Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content as a pat on the back to the author. Smiley Happy
  • Mesha
    Options

What about windows home basic?

• Mesha
    Options

Thank you! But I have windows vista home basic  32bits os