How do I log a formal complaint against Acer?

kingsleyd
kingsleyd Member Posts: 3 New User

I purchased an Acer Aspire XC-703 from Acer Direct last year for my daughters Christmas present.  Since setting up the pc we have had ongoing problems, including the pc randomly turning itself back on when not in use and finally refusing to log in at all.

I reported this to Acer, and a customer service rep attempted to fix the problem over the phone by resetting the machine, but when this didn't work we were asked to package the tower and send it to the service centre via UPS.

This we did, and after a wait we recived a bill for repairs to a faulty HDD and for damage to the casing.  The tower was in IMMACULATE condition when it was returned to Acer and despite Acer now agreeing to repair the faulty HDD under warranty, they are still asking us to pay for damage to the casing of the tower (which evidently won't even close now) or they will return it in a damged condition!  I am not prepared to pay for £86.26 for repairs to a machine that was immaculate and under warranty when it left us!  They have sent us a form saying that the packaging was sufficient and undamaged, but that the casing was broken front and bottom and was dirty all over.  How is this possible??

I am so angry!  Acer, you are not getting away with this!

Please tell me how to log a formal complaint against 'Angela' (the member of the escalations team) and 'Scott' (the warehouse man who unpacked and somehow damaged my daughter's pc) and the Acer company in general for such shoddy and unprofessional customer service.  

Acer can keep the machine they damaged and I want my money refunded to buy a suitable machine for my daughter to complete her homework on; not too much to ask! I will NEVER buy an Acer product again.

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi kingsleyd,

I understand that this is a frustrating situation for you and can ensure you that we don't take these situations lightly. Having to contact a user and inform them of charges that fall outside of warranty is unpleasant and unfortunate for everyone.

The damage to the casing is not something that would be covered by the warranty and Acer can only address the way we received the device. We aren't capable of definitively stating where the damage occurred. If you believe the damage happened in shipping, is it possible that insurance from the shipper could help you out?

If you'd like to shoot me a private message with your serial number, case number and contact information, I'll gladly pass this information along and make sure that the team can review your situation.

Thanks,
    Cory

• kingsleyd

Thanks for you response Cory, however you seem to have missed the point.

I am not complaining about the warranty repair; the faulty HDD has been replaced free of charge (although we did have to argue to acheive this).  I wish to make a formal complaint regarding the damage the tower has received.  Acer have admitted that the packaging was sufficient and undamaged and I know that the tower was in pristine condition when it left my care; therefore I conclude that the only place the damage can have been sustained was when it was in the care of Acer.

I have already exchanged many emails with the escalation team and no one is prepared to admit responsibility for the damage and I am being asked to pay for it.  Why should I pay 38% of the original cost of the tower to have it returned in the condition in which it left? Can you understand why I wish to take this to the next level?

I don't require you to contact the same team I have already been corresponding with, I require contact details to complain about the damage my machine has received while with Acer.

Many thanks.

• Cory-Acer

Unfortunately, the argument that we noted the packaging wasn't damaged, therefore Acer caused the damage is a fallacy. In a case where our team receives something that we notice is damaged, the receiving team documents the packaging in case a claim with an insurance provider is necessary. 

I can assure you, we aren't creating stressful situations (for you and for us) over 80-90$ in parts if we caused the damage. We're human, mistakes happen and if we're responsible, we fix them and move on.

Cory

• kingsleyd

Thank you for passing this back to the lady who we had been previously dealing with.  

If something left our home in immaculate external condition and was sufficently packaged, why are are we responsible for the expense of the damage repair when it was out of our care? I would be the first to admit if something was damaged or broken, and as we have clearly stated this was not the case.

The situation is still not resolved to our satisfaction, so I ask again: please can have have contact details to take this to a higher level?

• Cory-Acer

I have forwarded this thread and your registration information to my contacts in your region for review.

Cory