How can I change my forgotten password?

Options
MagsG78
MagsG78 Member Posts: 4 New User

I have an Acer Aspire E1-522 series laptop. It was working last night but today it tells me I need to repair it or I get this message : Default boot device missing or boot failed insert recovery media and hit any key then select 'boot manager' to choose a new boot device or to boot recovery media.

I have 2 problems with this 1) This comp was givin to me by cousin and all they gave me was the laptop itself,no disks etc. 2) They don't remember the password for the comp so I can't get into BIOS

Answers

• MagsG78
    Options

It also gives me the error code : 0xc0000185 .... as far as I know this means there could be a wire loose on the hard drive. any help someone can give me on how to get my laptop working again would be greatly appreciated. The comp was made in October 2013 and it sat at my cousins for 6 months before he gave it to me so it hasn;t been used much and I am baffled why it is having these issues

• MagsG78
    Options

so many others on here get help with this same type of problem yet not one person will help me with mine. I now have a comp that is barely 2 years old and good for nothing more then a paper weight. I will go buy a new comp and make sure it is NOT an Acer EVER again nor will it have anything to do with this useless company.I will also make sure to let everyone I know what poor service you get from Acer and it's community!

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options

Ok. First of all, You are looking for Help on a Computer that was given to you. You didn't get the HELP that you thought you should get from the Community so now you are going to go Trash  Acer and the Community because you didn't get the help you want to make your computer work right?

Ok then you say in your last message that others seems to have got the HELP to fix the issue for their computer!!!! 

Well that tells me you too may have the help for your issue as well..... 

Have you looked over this thread? http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series/E1-572G-bios-password/m-p/367380#U367380

I can't say that will solve your problem but you said there are others that had the help to fix. Maybe that same help could fix your password issue.....

I am sorry that you have a Computer that was given to you that your not  Happy with. I am sorry that you feel that there was no one here to answer your Question or give you a Solution to your problem. The people that are here are here to try and help with problems that they know about. They have delt with and or something that is common that some advice given could help with the issue..... There are Loads of UnAnswered questions on this Forum. It isn't for the lack of people trying. But it could be that today. Or last week or even last month maybe the person that has had your issue before with your Model that has the Answer might now have BEEN online here or could be SICK with the FLU ( I have the FLU) at times I am stuck in BED and I don't or can't even think about trying to answer something like this......

So then in my Case... I will say I am SORRY that I didn't DO MORE looking into your Problems to help SOLVE your Computer issue. That I Thought there may have been someone that may have had the Answer and that I didn't because I am sick Spend many of my HOURS trying to solve this....

My Generic Answer would have been there should be a CLEAR Password area on your system MB In most cases it can be accessed and cleared with a Jumper but on systems that are like Laptops it may require a Paper clip or some other way to short 2 parts together.... Most times they will be Labeled with something like CLR Pass or CLR PWD

I just hope that you understand that people are here to TRY and Help when and were they can; They don't get paid for helping and most times they help with issues they have to do the same thing others or you have to do and search Google for what may make it work. Offer you something to try and even if they have the same system, had the same problem it maybe that the same way they fixed the issues with theirs may not be the same way to fix yours....

Ok now I have some of my Own Computer issues I need to still try and solve. I am not sure if I can spend some time to my system or go back to bed. 

I should be better soon and then I can TRY and solve more problems Until then I can only do what I feel I can do. 

James

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• MagsG78
    Options

your sick and obviously cranky. Maybe I should have been more clear. Have you never had a gift bought for you? Just because it was a gift does not mean you do not deserve help with it. The other people with the same problem that I had seen on here the answer to their problem was not publicy posted on those it was sent to them in a pm so no it did not help me. The computer was manufactured barely 2 years ago and I have had nothing but problems with it. My screen blacks out when it feels like it or it ends up looking like a kaliediscope and it has a line going down the middle of my screen. That I learned to live with but getting errors that people are telling me means I need a new hard drive already is beyond. I am not an ***** when it comes to computers but I am not a computer genius either. I use the comp for very few things and should not have all these issues already. Yes it would have been much easier if my cousin had given me all the stuff that comes with the computer but he did not. There was over a hundred a fifty views of my original post over many days with not one response so yes I was upset that I could not get help and yes I think Acer is a crappy computer ! Although I DO NOT appreciate your attitude I do appreciate that I finally got some type of response. Maybe in the future though you could try not to take things so personally as I did not in any way attack you personally with my earlier comment yet you went out of your way to be rude to me personally, helpful, but still rude.

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options

Sorry you feel I was rude. That I was personally attacking you. It wasn't meant to be. However I was only trying to speak with passion. Then I wasn't trying to off play your gift.. However saying bad things about Acer or the Good people of this community because you didn't get the help or reply you had wished for was the reason for my passion. I do feel was a Personal Attack not only to me but the Others that are so helpful. I do what I can when I can because I like to be helpful. 

James

• dabone15
    dabone15 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

My mother gave me a Acer Aspire One but she had a password on it, how can I reset the password?

Thanks for any help you can give me.